View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ESS Owner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2008, 05:45 PM
I am the owner of the ESS which seems to be the topic of your conversation .. My 2 year old son entered his dog into this class which was called ' Childs best friend' at a show in which i thought was for charity (Therefore we entered as much as possible for fun and to give some money to a well deserved charity!!!!!) .. I am disgusted that a fun class for KIDS is causing such a stir and found no reason for you to mention that my dogs tail is docked .. What has that got to do with Scruffts?? .. If you must know my dog is a 2 year old fully pedigreed English Springer Spaniel off of working stock therefore has a legally docked tail!!!! .. He was placed in this class for his beautiful nature and companionship with my young son nothing to do with his stunning good looks .. I cannot believe someone has so little to do than complain about a childs fun show which may i add was £1 to enter and for charity ..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by ESS Owner View Post
I am the owner of the ESS which seems to be the topic of your conversation .. My 2 year old son entered his dog into this class which was called ' Childs best friend' at a show in which i thought was for charity (Therefore we entered as much as possible for fun and to give some money to a well deserved charity!!!!!) .. I am disgusted that a fun class for KIDS is causing such a stir and found no reason for you to mention that my dogs tail is docked .. What has that got to do with Scruffts?? .. If you must know my dog is a 2 year old fully pedigreed English Springer Spaniel off of working stock therefore has a legally docked tail!!!! .. He was placed in this class for his beautiful nature and companionship with my young son nothing to do with his stunning good looks .. I cannot believe someone has so little to do than complain about a childs fun show which may i add was £1 to enter and for charity ..
Hi ESS, awe bless how did your son get on? Its lovely to see kids in the ring at shows, I had a child put my rottie bitch holly through her Good Cit at a fun show, that opened a few eyes, lol
julieanne10
New Member!
Female 

15-08-2008, 05:58 PM
Originally Posted by Westie_N View Post
So far, I have emailed the Hearing Dogs Regional Fundraiser for Scotland, the person who realeased the website and details about the Dogs Dinner and Scruffts 2008.

This is what I said, I hope it's ok as I'm not always good at writing down how I feel:

Dear Evie,

Having been to the Dogs Dinner show today at Chatlerhault, I am appalled at the way in which the Scruffts heats were ran and judged.

I suspect there were numerous full pedigrees in each of the four classes, including an English Springer Spaniel (complete with docked tail and obvously from show stock, might I add), a Whippet and a Dachshund - all of which were placed though did not win 1st Place, but of course, that is not the point. There was also a West Highland White Terrier in one of the classes, and an older woman in the Childs Best Friend class. I am well aware that many crossbreeds can look strikingly similar to the breeds they are crossed with, but these were obviously pedigrees and if the organisers and judges could not tell the difference between a crossbreed and a pedigree then they should be not be running and judging this contest.

I informed an organiser that there were pedigree dogs in the Childs Best Friend class that should not be entered, she said that it was Childs Best Friend, to which I informed that yes it was, but all dogs must be crossbreeds. She seemed oblivious to this fact, even though the competition title is "Family Crossbreed Dog Of The Year"! Nothing was done about this today.

Something must be done about this travesty as it makes a complete mockery of the Scruffts competition itself. Having a footballer judge the dogs in he competition is a joke in itself!

I await a response from yourself.

Regards,

Nicola Bowers.
Well i was at the dog show and it was only ment to be fun. i was there with the flyball the same as the english springer spanial that is geting slaged off!! we put are dogs in to the classes becouse it was for FUN!!! If any one is to be un happy it should be me becouse i put my dog in the scruffy classes that has long wire hair and it got won by a short haired dog I have competed flyball and agility for the last 15 years and you do not get anythink like this!! As for the english springer spanial i think you need to do your home work and find out when the docking law come out as you dont even no the dogs age!! THE PROUD OWNER OF A DOCKED PATTERDALE TERRIER
ESS Owner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Hi .. He got 3rd in the class .. Thanks for asking!! .. We had a fantastic day originally there just for the flyball in which we were no very succsessfull .. Im just absolutely outraged at the original comment!! ..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:05 PM
Hi .. He got 3rd in the class .. Thanks for asking!! .. We had a fantastic day originally there just for the flyball in which we were no very succsessfull .. Im just absolutely outraged at the original comment!! ..
awe your wee man must be proud as punch,
My lot wouldnt do to well at fly ball would love to give it a go though mabey I will be lucky enough to find a fun day with something like that,,, one where anyone can have a go lol they would prob only let me try once though im sure my lot would scatter the jumps,

I show my dogs at champ level but do enjoy the odd fun day,
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:09 PM
Same here I show at Champ level as well but we love a fun show, the atmospheres better and theres no pressure.
Just a thought if your English is the working type I nver know if they should be on the pedigree bit as the papers are differnt ot the show ones.
ESS Owner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
awe your wee man must be proud as punch,
My lot wouldnt do to well at fly ball would love to give it a go though mabey I will be lucky enough to find a fun day with something like that,,, one where anyone can have a go lol they would prob only let me try once though im sure my lot would scatter the jumps,

I show my dogs at champ level but do enjoy the odd fun day,
Yeh he was really pleased!! .. That sounds great, what breed do you show?? .. Flyball is really good fun and with a young springer is a great way of using up some energy
ESS Owner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:15 PM
He has a full five generation kennel club pedigree with lots of field trial champions .. His pegigree looks identical to every other papers i have seen??!! .. I personally think working springers are far more prettier that the show strain ..
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:18 PM
Yeh he was really pleased!! .. That sounds great, what breed do you show?? .. Flyball is really good fun and with a young springer is a great way of using up some energy
I show rottweilers,

here are some of my crew, Asta {in the middle } belongs to boobah on the forum, Holly is on the left of her and Kaos {asta's dad is on the right

morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-08-2008, 06:21 PM
He has a full five generation kennel club pedigree with lots of field trial champions .. His pegigree looks identical to every other papers i have seen??!! .. I personally think working springers are far more prettier that the show strain ..
Hi the point i was trying to make is you couldnt show him at a chamo show or an open show against the show springers as they will be bigger etc so I would expect to see you in a companion show. Im not detracting from your dog with this I too prefer the working strain.
Closed Thread
Page 7 of 33 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »