Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 04:26 PM

Child bitten posts/split from 'Do you take crap thread'

I had a dog like that and I just put up with him, because I didnt have any kids and I loved him, I chose to have him
therefore I had a responsiblity
he put 50 stitches in a little girls face and everyone told me to put him down ,I didnt I loved him, and it was her mothers fault.Dont worry about what other people say as long as you and him are happy xxxx
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 05:10 PM
Originally Posted by bajaluna View Post
I had a dog like that and I just put up with him, because I didnt have any kids and I loved him, I chose to have him
therefore I had a responsiblity
he put 50 stitches in a little girls face and everyone told me to put him down ,I didnt I loved him, and it was her mothers fault.Dont worry about what other people say as long as you and him are happy xxxx

Am I the only person shocked by that comment. You had a dog you knew to be aggressive and it put 50 stitches in a little girls face and its "o well was mothers fault" well sorry but as the owner you are responsible for your dog not the little girls mother.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 05:12 PM
Originally Posted by kcjack View Post
Am I the only person shocked by that comment. You had a dog you knew to be aggressive and it put 50 stitches in a little girls face and its "o well was mothers fault" well sorry but as the owner you are responsible for your dog not the little girls mother.
...and the mother is responsible for her daughter's actions, and as we dont know the 'whole' story of what happened or what went on, were not really in a position to JUDGE on who's fault it is
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 05:15 PM
Well as a responsible dog owner if I had an a aggressive dog I would see it as my personal responsibilty to ensure it came into contact with no kids at all.
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 05:18 PM
Well as a responsible dog owner if I had an a aggressive dog I would see it as my personal responsibilty to ensure it came into contact with no kids at all.
Like I said, you dont know the circumstances.

I also once knew of a very human aggressive dog who was not allowed near children, yet one day, kids kicked a ball into the garden and 1 boy decided to let himself into the garden without asking first and got bit.

Who's fault ?

How do you know that Bajaluna DID in fact LET the dog have contact with children ? You don't and I dont, but cannot judge someone either way until you have the facts.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Just I am afraid cannot justify however it happened 50 stitches in a little girls face however much I love my dogs I think I would PTS, childrens safety has to come before my dogs.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 05:33 PM
so jkjack - if you had a dog you knew to be aggressive and it had not yet put 50 stitches in someone's face, would it be destroyed? It could still happen - in fact, it's probably more likely to happen the first time than it is the second time.

Presumably that dog never did it again, because the situation was managed correctly so what good would destroying it do exactly? Give the little girl a sense of justice?

It's a bit like locking the stable door after the horse has bolted don't you think?
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 05:35 PM
If my dog put 50 stitches in a little girls face then I would PTS I am afraid if it happened once could happen again and what if next time it killed a child??
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 05:46 PM
If my dog put 50 stitches in a little girls face then I would PTS I am afraid if it happened once could happen again and what if next time it killed a child??
But surely, if it's never happened and your dog was aggressive - it could still happen.

And surely, if you've been through the trauma of a dog badly biting a child, you'll be even more careful in future?

I see what you're saying but if we're going on the 'it could happen again' then surely it's fair to say, 'there's a first time for everything' and if your dog hasn't done it you're more likely to get complacent than if he already has?

In this case the PTS serves only as punishment for the dog or justice for the child.
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2008, 05:51 PM
But this lady KNEW her dog was aggressive, my dogs arent aggressive if I knew they were and they bit a young girls face causing 50 stitches I would never forgive myself. I dont know what breed this ladys dog was but if people had took the proper precautions there would be many kids still alive in my eyes.
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »