View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-05-2010, 12:24 PM

Would you pay a premium for a specific colour ??

Would you pay a higher price for a specific colour .. ?
I keep seeing adds for litter mates with amazing price differences.
AllyLambell
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-05-2010, 12:30 PM
No way! Admittedly, when we were getting Ruby I wanted a chocolate because having had Labs for the more recent many years who were yellow or black, I'd always wanted a chocolate Lab so had that in mind when I chose Ruby, but it wouldn't have been the end of the world if there hadn't been any in the litter; we just allowed the pups to approach us and choose that way. I am certain hubby would agree and say no to paying a premium for a different colour.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-05-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Would you pay a higher price for a specific colour .. ?
I keep seeing adds for litter mates with amazing price differences.
A breed standard colour I would expect to pay the going rate, a colour that is not classed as standard I woudl expect to pay less!!

Boxers a red or brindle I would expect to pay the same, a white I would expect to pay around 1/2 the price...
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 12:36 PM
No, its whats inside that counts
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 12:43 PM
I guess being into a breed that comes in black and tan....and thats it... no I wouldnt pay more,

I would not pay more for any colour, but I would pay more for a better bred dog,
Dachshund
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-05-2010, 12:53 PM
If it was a stud for my girl I would pay a higher price, but thats out of personal choice (I want a B&T puppy to show) but if it came down to finer points and a red was better I'd have a red.

If it was to buy in a new puppy, I wouldn't pay more for the colour, I'd pay more for a good quality dog
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 01:17 PM
No, I wouldn't pay more for a different or more unusual colour. I can understand someone (like Dachshund) who is wanting a certain dog for breeding doing it. But, I don't think a breeder should charge higher prices to a potential owner for the colour of the dogs coat!

I agree with Shona, I would pay more for a better bred dog or in Lola's case for a dog that is less common in number and therefore higher priced.
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 01:20 PM
Yes.

I have to live with and look at the dog for 16 years----the purchase price is irrelevant spread over that length of time and if I am going to pay anything I want what I want!

rune
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 01:35 PM
No... I really want a blue belton dog English setter next time, (I have an orange and tri) but knowing me an orange will walk into my life!! Deacon was meant to be a blue, he didn't have any orange markings til he was 5/6wks old... but I do lurve him!!
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-05-2010, 01:41 PM
I wouldn't buy a puppy from a breeder who was pricing a litter differently based on colour as it suggests that the puppies were bred purely for financial gain and then you have to questions the breeder's ethics.

J.
Page 1 of 42 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »