Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-07-2009, 08:34 AM
Originally Posted by Chellie View Post
I don't have any problem at all with dogs being bred or shown, in fact I have many friends who are part of the show scene and, like yourself, breed to improve the breed. I'm sure that Elly was sold as a potential stud/show dog so the fact that he was used as such is irrelevant. What if he had been sold as a pet, handed into rescue, used as a show dog then bred without any health tests, would you have been happy as the breeder or indeed the owner that gave him up for rescue?

My problem is with a breed 'rescue' taking dogs in for rehoming but making sure that they keep the 'best' ones, show and breed, take what they can and then probably (admittedly unproven) return them to the rescue system when they outlived their usefullness.
Elly wasn't sold as a showdog/stud dog you cannot do that with an 8 week old puppy, all my puppies have always left to be pets first(like 99% of showdogs are) You presume that all pet people breed from their dogs without health testing which isn't always the case, especially if they have obtained the dog from a responsible breeder(unless you are suggesting that I am not a responsible breeder).

I've had owners come back to me & ask about breeding from their dog/bitch before doing so & have always known I would be there to help them decide.

As for a breed rescue(breed unknown)allegedly keeping the the best registered dogs for themselves, showing & breeding from them & then putting the dogs back into the rescue when they were"finished"withreport them to the KC if they are in the KC rescue handbook, all the breed rescues in it have to be supported by at least one braad club otherwise they are not included. You will need proof of course so dogs names etc will be needed.
Page 40 of 40 « First < 30 37 38 39 40