View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 05:24 PM
well didnt end up going to town, went to pub instead (polo club), just as well cos as we went past town it was packed!! When we got to the polo club i let indie off lead and she had a run round the massive field! and we were the only ones there, so was nice.
Then went to my dads to pick up a video, needless to say my stepmum wasnt impressed that i had indie with me and made remarks such as 'i hope she didnt try and attack the horses' (indie saw the horses and they approached her and went a bit crazy and she started growling, but she was just overexcited, she hasnt really seen horses b4), and then when we all say down she said 'ugly dogs they are, not my type'. Well, its fair enough if she thinks my dog is ugly, but each to their own, i dont go round sayin that shes ugly do i! honestly!

then she had the cheek to ask if we could stay at her house for a month in december when they go to africa so i can watch her cats! but Indie is unwelcome of course!! bloody cheek

im not really ranting, the weathers got me in a good mood... lol.
bellaluna
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 05:48 PM
What a cow! She sits there saying she thinks your dog is ugly and dangerous, and then she wants u to stay at the house for a month...GGGGrrrrrrrrrr
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-03-2005, 06:03 PM
We take the dogs into town if the weather is good, otherwise they stay at home (listening to Radio 3, they're musically erudite :smt005 ).

For reasons unknown, whilst they get on fine for 99.9% of the time, they try to fight if we leave them in the car together , so Snorri has to be taken out and tethered outside shops (safe enough, here). This isn't so good when the weather is cruddy.

When the weather is good, we take them with us; it keeps them sociable and, if we don't have frozen food in the car, they can get out for a romp on one of the beaches we pass on the town trip. If we are going to the Farmers' Market, they go - after all, what would a gathering of farmers be if there wasn't at least one Border Collie hanging about?!

We took them out and about in Edinburgh once - Kali thought it was great fun (lots of lamp-posts to autograph), but Snorri didn't like the passing buses (scared by the air-brakes).

One thing we've noticed: whichever town they visit, be it quiet Kirkwall or busy Edinburgh, the two of them can stop traffic, people are astounded by the two pairs of blue eyes! And, I must admit, I like that!

Snorri
Carole
Supervisor
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-03-2005, 06:17 PM
I take Star to our local shops which are busy but we have never ventured into the centre of Glasgow with her.
katyb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 07:53 PM
max comes round the town with us and he used to be a nightmare but he sees it as all boring now our main shoppping street we go to is in a village and its has narrow pavements and not many shops and he is a bt bouncy there but i find the more i take him the better he gets as its not soo exciting
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 08:17 PM
well despite constant nasty remarks from my stepmum about my dangerous dog, the chef at the pub said she was really nice and she looked really fit. Tho all the dogs that are usually round there could probably do with losing some weight.lol. but i work hard to keep her fit, dogs shouldnt be fat
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-03-2005, 08:41 PM
My dogs only come to town with me if I've been to the vets and need to pop in for something! Woody's great, carries his lead for me and sits patiently outside the shop I'm in! Pickles love the attention but hates carrier bags, so I tend not to bother with taking him!
Originally Posted by Snorri the Priest
so Snorri has to be taken out and tethered outside shops (safe enough, here).
This is something that really worries me now. There's been quite a few dogs nicked from gardens and outside shops round here lately, so I'm less inclined to take either of them. Plus last year when I took Woody with me I spied a little kid teasing Woody with a sausage, while I was queuing to buy my stuff. Really pi**ed me off, was ready to give the kid a good telling but he'd gone by the time I got out!

To answer your question Jenny I would definitely take her into town at some point, you never know if you'll be in a situation in the future when you'll have no choice! At least if this was the case you'd know how she was gonna react. Just don't leave her tied up outside!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 10:35 AM
hi

Yeh - I dont leave Bruno outside shops now for the same reason - there was a terrible case here last year where teenage boys took a jack russell from outside a shop and threw him off a overpass onto the motorway below - HOw sick - I cried my eyes out when I heard that - How terrified that dogg must have been. Snorri - you are so lucky living somewhere where this isnt a problem.

I am always concious of the fact that if I left bruno and anything happened how guilty I would feel - so unless I can take him in the shop with me I dont take him or I dotn go in...

dani
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 11:35 AM
yeh i would never leave indie outside a shop, i tried carrying her in a shop once to pick up a card and i got kicked out

i dont even leave her in the garden unsupervised! all the brats round here kno where i live and they could get their grubby hands on indie if they wanted
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-03-2005, 01:18 PM
well, seeing as I live in London I don't think Archie has much choice!

Our last dog, a Cavalier, used to go everywhere with my mum in the car, he loved it!! We used to walk him in the area where we live, which can get fairly busy, and we never had any problems. I suppose it's because he was used to it from the time we got him

Having said that, there was nothing he loved more than going to Regent's park and having a good run, we also used to take him on little trips to the country sometimes and he loved that too

Personally, I think it's best to put them in every situation you can think of, so you have no trouble when they're older.

Jenny, next time your stepmum tells you Indie is ugly, tell her you hate her cats! It's not fair of her to expect you to take care of her cats if she can't even accept you dog
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >