Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
No i mean the comments from men to women with dogs ..
I have never had anyone tell me what to do with my dogs ..
being a fat bloke with very short hair and 2 bull breeds ,suppose people don't feel inclined too..lol
Maybe you're right, this chap is a bit full of himself, where he's been and what he's done...probably makes him feel all masculine being able to tell me what's what!!

Sadly, so many of the people that make the comments have no idea what they're talking about
missy01
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-03-2011, 01:56 PM
i have a neighbour who says that i should have water for missy all the time when we are out, even if she is just going out for a wee, he also keeps insisting that i let him take her to work with him - i barely know him so i think not!
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 02:02 PM
Male or female i don't know which is more difficult,trying to politely listen to them or tell them(in not so many words)they're talking cobblers n walk away. A man (real know it all)once said 'you should let her off her lead' (next to main road, n a cat chaser), when his dog had just run straight out onto the road to get his ball
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 04:20 PM
It's funny how it is the 'know it alls' (who know nowt!) that have the loudest voices.

The trouble with dogs is, some owners think they are experts as soon as they own one! I've had it in the past too, people telling me to be careful because I have a Rottie and that they can 'go bad' (they aren't food people, they don't have a use-by date!! ). I usually let them waffle before telling them he is my third and we've owned them for years - usually shuts them up
majuka
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
No i mean the comments from men to women with dogs ..
I have never had anyone tell me what to do with my dogs ..
being a fat bloke with very short hair and 2 bull breeds ,suppose people don't feel inclined too..lol
Me neither do you think it is me or Max that is more off putting I wonder

Sheree, I think that part of the problem is that you are so nice - it probably makes this guy's day to have a little chat with you. Fancy suggesting that the gorgeous Henry needs his coat removing
wilbar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 05:43 PM
He sounds like that Harry Enfield character "only me! You don't want do to it like that, do you"

Funnily enough, no-one's ever tried to tell me what do with my dogs!! Maybe I look too fierce

My husband's a bit like that every time I attempt some decorating, or my car breaks down
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Errr I think your guy has watched too much telly. The RAF dog training units and the Coldstream Guards are completely different forces. Coldstream guards are Army...and as far as I know they don't mix unless it's out on ops.

Pay no attention to him, he's a prat.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

11-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Originally Posted by majuka View Post
Sheree, I think that part of the problem is that you are so nice - it probably makes this guy's day to have a little chat with you.
I was going to say that too A little knowledge is a dangerous thing especially with some people.

Originally Posted by lore View Post
Errr I think your guy has watched too much telly. The RAF dog training units and the Coldstream Guards are completely different forces. Coldstream guards are Army...and as far as I know they don't mix unless it's out on ops.
Yes, you're absolutely right, furthermore IMO it would be very unlikely a Coldstream Guards man would be able to transfer to the RAF dog trainning units. The only way I could see this having any credence is if he returned to civvy street from the Army (Coldstream Guards) and then subsequently joined the Air Force, that might be possible but it still seems weird and a pretty big career change

Another person to put on your ignore list and try to avoid

I guess we are lucky 'cos in six years we've never met anyone except the weekenders who are only there Sat / Sun of course and never dare to tell us anything about our dogs
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 09:48 PM
you'd think a 5 foot 2 inch 7 stone woman with a dog thats taller than her when he stands up,and resembles a wolf or worse a GSD .. would put peeps of talking cr*p to her.....wouldnt u?
werewolf
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-03-2011, 10:53 PM
I would avoid him if I were you xxxxx
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >