View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katie1
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-08-2010, 05:30 PM
How awful but so glad he's on the mend it brought tears to my eye's Give your mum our best wishes i bet she can't wait for you to move there too Hope he's home soon
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 05:51 PM
OMG, your poor mum, she must have been horrified, but thank goodness she had the sense to go and find a big, strong man! This is one of my big fears, ever since Zena collapsed on me in the middle of nowhere, and nobody about, I had no way of getting her back to the car, weighing in at 37 kgs at the time, it's frightening to say the least.

Thank goodness the vet has managed to save him coz losing that amount of blood, well, don't want to go there!!! Phew then!!! Good luck with him, and give your mum a big hug for thinking straight!!
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Just got back from a few days off and read this... It must have been hellish! Thinking of thorn, your mum and you... And great you'll be moving back soon!!! Loads of dogsey vibes,

claire
Aligord
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2010, 07:55 PM
That must have been horrendous and very frightening for your mum and traumatic for both her and Thorn. I sincerely hope that Thorn is on the mend now and is going to be ok. Good on your mum for managing to think straight in such an awful situation.

Take care and look after them both!

Ali xx
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-08-2010, 09:46 PM
how horrible i know how your mum feels i had something similar happen to me

thinking of u all and sending hugs and vibes from here xx
twilightwolf
Dogsey Senior
Female 

08-08-2010, 09:46 PM
Thinking of you all, and really sending my vibes out to Thorn. I hope he will be running around chasing rabbits again very soon.
Big huge well done to your mum for being such a strong person and literally saving his life, and for all the people who helped her. This is a true dog owner.
Really really hope he is feeling better soon. x
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 05:44 AM
Oh no, I can't think of anything more horrendous..... poor Thorn and your poor mum - she must have been distraught.

Hope Thorn recovers well....... sending loads of healing vibes xxx
sarahjane
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-09-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Thorn, my mums 11 month old lurcher appeared out of the woods with a severed artery on his leg, he weighs in at 40kg and my mum is tiny and was in the middle of nowhere with no one around. It took her almost 3 hours to get him to the vets, he has lost an immense amount of blood and had lost consciousness by the time he got to the vets.
I'm just about to take sadie to my mums as they are likely to need her for a blood transfusion later on.

Fingers crossed he pulls through.
Awwww, hope Thorn is on the mend now!! I actually came across this site via google when I was searching about ridgeback cross greyhounds. Now I have just put a deposit down on a brindle pup with exactly the same breeding as your mums dog Thorn. A ridgeback cross deerhound/greyhound. Uncanny!! I wonder if they are from the same parents?? I am getting mine from a couple in Llanelli, sound familiar? Thorn has turned out to be a big boy at 40kg, WOW. I was wondering if you have any pictures of him now that you could post up or send me, I would love to know what my pup may turn out to be like.

Hope you get this message
Sarah
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3