Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 03:04 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
UPDATE...........We have not had any of the childs family speak to us today, we have been totally ignored.........why because my other neighbour (who kindly let me put the dog in his porch) tells me that .....they are annoyed as you wouldn't let them beat it's head in till dead, whilst you held it, and you took it away into my porch they are saying you thought more of the dogs feelings....well thats that then
WTF!!!if only they could read this thread
people?! you know you did all you could at the time!'theres nowt strange as folk' chin up i hope the situation gets better for you.x
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2009, 03:06 PM
That is ridiculous, thank God you were there to help that little girl and protect the dog.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 03:09 PM
UPDATE...........We have not had any of the childs family speak to us today, we have been totally ignored.........why because my other neighbour (who kindly let me put the dog in his porch) tells me that .....they are annoyed as you wouldn't let them beat it's head in till dead, whilst you held it, and you took it away into my porch they are saying you thought more of the dogs feelings....well thats that then
Well now why doesn't that surprise me Maybe if you had stood back and let them all beat the dog to death they would feel better....words fail me What kind of society are we living in now if we were to allow that to happen in this country!!!!!!

You deserve a medal, and if the papers do come round, you put your side of the story in full mate!!!!! I would

Elaine xx
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 03:34 PM
Just caught this thread.

Well done YS, Pat and FS. You saved a child's life, of that I have no doubt. Poor child and poor dog - both are the innocent victims. I hope the so-called owner is brought to task over this incident.

I am gobsmacked by the update, and that the family of the child are ignoring you! They should be eternally grateful that you were there, because if you hadn't of been, I am sure they would have a dead child. Unbelievable!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 04:07 PM
The update just makes me even sadder. But even if the family don't appreciate your actions, I'm damn sure that wee girl did.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2009, 04:08 PM
YS, I think you, Pat and your FS were just fantastic in the way you handled the attack. Good on all three of you. You've probably saved the little girl from what could have been sooooo much worse.

On the topic of what the family have said (re you not letting them beat the dog) I think I would be a little lenient on them for the timebeing. I expect they are in shock and that is understandable. I am sure, once things calm down, the little girl is on the mend and they can see things straight, they will realise they won't ever be able to thank you enough. I think they need time though to see what happened in a calm light.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2009, 04:09 PM
Goodness Steph thank goodness for you Pat and your FS, and that you are all dog savvy and sensible.

I hope the little girl recovers well mentally and physically but with Parents that paranoid I doubt it will happen mentally, I know it must be a shock to them all but if they are already wary of dogs this is not going to of helped at all.

Such a shame about the poor dog once again because of peoples ignorance another dog suffers. I hope he is running free at the bridge now and happy.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2009, 04:38 PM
If it were me I'd prefer them not to speak to me,I doubt from what you've said they are capable of looking at the situation in a calm and logical manner and seeing that you saved the day and they owe you big time, so its no great loss if they don't speak to you just makes them look ignorant.
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

19-07-2009, 04:52 PM
[QUOTE]
Yes that was the same child, they are always running up and down between thier houses as they have several in this road, all related.
I have just been to one house and enquired they say she is in alot of pain and they are sueing, I didn't find out much else as they don't seem to want to talk about it....they say thier solicitor has told them not too
What a terrible situation, good job you were there to help ... hope the little girl recovers from this, without to much trauma... regards the dog, I agree also having him pts is probably the best thing, probably has not had much of a life , at least he is safe.

Re - the family suing, you would think that would be the last thing on their minds at this time, good job they found a solicitor open on a Saturday afternoon, isn`t it.

So I take it a "Thank you " is out of the question then

Forget them, you did what anyone would do, you were able to get the dog off, why need to carry on bashing its head in
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

19-07-2009, 04:57 PM
Sorry Steph didn't read the update till jsut now. What ungrateful people.

Ok so the dog attacked a child thats terrible I have been bitten badly as a child, it was inevitable it was going to be pts so why did they want to beat its head in if there had been no other way then maybe fair enough but you, Pat and your FS very bravely had it all under control as much as was possible all your efforts saved that poor child further injury if I was those parents I would of been round with a huge thankyou and flowers etc., to show my gratitude.
Page 6 of 14 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »