Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 10:51 PM

Is Rainbow Bridge only for dogs?

Today we lost our old Hamster, "Fizzle". He was left by a family who were emigrating a few weeks ago and I agreed to take him on. I know he was old when he came to us.

I was wondering if the Bridge is "reserved" (for want of a better word) for dogs or do all animals go there? The reason I'm asking is that my 8 year old Son, Oscar is with his Dad. He went today at 4pm and knows nothing about Fizzle dying. I'm trying to think of a way to tell him and I thought it would be nice for him to believe that Fizzle has gone to the Bridge.

Does anyone have any thoughts please or is there somewhere else that smaller furries go when they've passed?

Thanks for reading.

Laura xx
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-10-2012, 10:59 PM
Of course all animals go there. All the animals I've ever had that have passed have all crossed the bridge. The rainbow bridge poem i'm sure always says "animals" not just dogs

Sorry for your loss

x
shadowboy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

31-10-2012, 10:59 PM
I believe that the rainbow bridge is for all animals. We humans don't just love our dogs but we love our cats, geckos, gerbils etc.
Fizzle has gone to the bridge ... he was tired and had earned a rest .
Azz
Administrator
Male 

01-11-2012, 01:47 AM
I think it's for all pets and animals too, we certainly have similar posts on Catsey.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 02:18 AM
Thank you very much for answering so quickly. it means a lot. The good thing (if it can be described as a good thing) is that we already lost a hamster about 6/7 months ago so I'll also tell Oscar that Tehric will be looking after Fizzle and showing him around.

Thanks again. xx
mastines33
Almost a Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 07:21 AM
Sorry about your loss.. All the animals are happy at the bridge and one day we will all be together again. xx
Jonesy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-11-2012, 01:50 PM
sorry for your loss,i dont think it matters what kind of animal it was ,think they all deserve to go to the bridge when its their time x
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Rainbow Bridge is a special place for those of us who want to believe that our pets (all pets) wait for us until we meet them all again.

I believe that happy place is there because I believe that the bond we have breaks the barriers of death.

A friend of mine told her little girl that a special helicopter came for her dogs when each of them had to be put to sleep at different times for illnesses that took them to a special star called Rainbow Bridge.

Bless her, the vet sent a text to the little girl a couple of hours after helping the dogs on their way (both times) to say that the helicopter had been and that the dog should be there now and having fun.

It eased that little girl's pain so much and she was much more accepting of the losses.
Crichton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-11-2012, 08:28 AM
Rainbow Bridge Poem

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.
When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...