Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2010, 09:00 PM
Originally Posted by *SJ* View Post
I think the article below proves why you shouldn't believe all you read.

http://www.theargus.co.uk/news/50638...red_at_Crufts/

This is what Joe The Giants owner has to say about it.

These are not our words Joe was not dumped or abandoned nor was destined for the scrap heap he was simply available for homing.
We have been in contact with the Argus and we are not very happy with the write up that they printed, the only words of ours that we said was "he seems to be enjoying life to the full".
We are very dissapointed!

Why did he become available for re-homing?

Did his former owners fall ill or did their financial circumstances change?
Kev Stow
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-04-2010, 09:33 PM
Yes you do have my word because it is true. If you would like to say again that I am paid by the charity as you originally stated then it shows you have no regards at all for the truth.

The way that I personally and LGT do things have been approved by the charity commission and so I certainly have no need to answer to you. However to clarify I have a kennel and do not charge LGT for kennelling these dogs until they are rehomed by the charity.

As I'm sure you're aware many rehoming groups pay £3 or £4 a day per dog until they are rehomed. We do have another kennel where we pay per dog per day. Thankfully for LGT the dogs in my kennel are not paid for by the charity at all.

Kenny had a future with a syndicate member who was serving Queen and country. He did however spend various time beforehand at home with a syndicate member, but he was in kennels, very happy and looked after well, for some of it too. Maybe if you are being pedantic it wasn't a blatant lie what you said, but it was clearly misleading to those that read it.

The syndicate members have over 20 pet greyhounds between them (if only we could find more people like this to exploit so many pets).

Kev
Kev Stow
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-04-2010, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
Agreed but it would just not be commercially viable. Only have to look at Kev's situation to acknowledge commercial greyhound racing encourages irresponsible ownership.

Under the Rules of Racing LGT Kenny could have been destroyed - as many are - at any time after his racing days were over and the 'No retirement home could be found' box ticked - no questions asked!
Trudy makes out that the rules of racing are unique when in fact the laws of the land allow any owner of a pet to destroy them, no questions asked and you only have to look at the figures for how many dogs are destroyed to see that many members of the public/pet owners take advantage of this law to kill their dogs.

Kev
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Originally Posted by Kev Stow View Post
Yes you do have my word because it is true. If you would like to say again that I am paid by the charity as you originally stated then it shows you have no regards at all for the truth.

The way that I personally and LGT do things have been approved by the charity commission and so I certainly have no need to answer to you. However to clarify I have a kennel and do not charge LGT for kennelling these dogs until they are rehomed by the charity.

As I'm sure you're aware many rehoming groups pay £3 or £4 a day per dog until they are rehomed. We do have another kennel where we pay per dog per day. Thankfully for LGT the dogs in my kennel are not paid for by the charity at all.

Kenny had a future with a syndicate member who was serving Queen and country. He did however spend various time beforehand at home with a syndicate member, but he was in kennels, very happy and looked after well, for some of it too. Maybe if you are being pedantic it wasn't a blatant lie what you said, but it was clearly misleading to those that read it.

The syndicate members have over 20 pet greyhounds between them (if only we could find more people like this to exploit so many pets).

Kev

Are you saying you do not benefit financially from 'using' the charity to re-home dogs you have been personally paid £300 to re-home?

If the syndicate members have over 20 'pet' greyhounds between them - then it just might have been responsible for each and every one of them to say 'no' to the possibility of yet another one if they knew beforehand they could not care for him after racing, rather than add yet another 'unwanted' racing greyhound to fester in kennels.
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2010, 10:03 PM
Trudy makes out that the rules of racing are unique when in fact the laws of the land allow any owner of a pet to destroy them, no questions asked and you only have to look at the figures for how many dogs are destroyed to see that many members of the public/pet owners take advantage of this law to kill their dogs.

Kev
The difference being of course - people do not buy 'pet' dogs with the sole intention of exploiting them to earn huge profits for the bookmakers or an income for the commercial trainers and then disposing of the dogs once they can no longer earn huge profits for the bookmakers or and income for the trainers.

Regardless of which - companion animals receive protection under the Animal Welfare Act whereas greyhounds get this...............

http://www.thedogs.co.uk/files/GBGB%...m_Jan%2010.pdf

Take your pick from any box in section D - as I said - no questions asked!
Kev Stow
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-04-2010, 10:05 PM
Trudy,

You said I was paid by the charity. I am not. You are like a politician avoiding apologising when your 'fact' is proved wrong.

I am not paid by owners or trainers to rehome their dogs. I am paid £300 to kennel their dogs. Not sure how many nights that would get them in a boarding kennel.

Kenny has been rehomed by a syndicate member so how you can use word 'unwanted' is incredible.

I will let others make up their minds on this topic, but I will say that LGT has audited accounts which are approved by the Charity Commission. My business has accounts which are sent to HMRC.

Greytexploitations ask for public money, but trying to find accounts for it is very difficult so who is to say where the money goes. For the record I am not suggesting that Trudy is embezzling money given by the public to a group although without published accounts it is understandable why some others may wonder.

Kev
Kev Stow
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-04-2010, 10:12 PM
The difference being of course - people do not buy 'pet' dogs with the sole intention of exploiting them to earn huge profits for the bookmakers or an income for the commercial trainers and then disposing of the dogs once they can no longer earn huge profits for the bookmakers or and income for the trainers.

Regardless of which - companion animals receive protection under the Animal Welfare Act whereas greyhounds get this...............

http://www.thedogs.co.uk/files/GBGB%...m_Jan%2010.pdf

Take your pick from any box in section D - as I said - no questions asked!
Can you tell me where in the Animal Welfare Act it stops a member of the public taking a perfectly healthy dog along to a vet to be killed or prevents various dog charities killing thousands of dogs per year? No questions asked!
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Trudy,

You said I was paid by the charity. I am not. You are like a politician avoiding apologising when your 'fact' is proved wrong.

I am not paid by owners or trainers to rehome their dogs. I am paid £300 to kennel their dogs. Not sure how many nights that would get them in a boarding kennel.

Kenny has been rehomed by a syndicate member so how you can use word 'unwanted' is incredible.

I will let others make up their minds on this topic, but I will say that LGT has audited accounts which are approved by the Charity Commission. My business has accounts which are sent to HMRC.

Greytexploitations ask for public money, but trying to find accounts for it is very difficult so who is to say where the money goes. For the record I am not suggesting that Trudy is embezzling money given by the public to a group although without published accounts it is understandable why some others may wonder.

Kev
Oh! So you are paid £300 to kennel dogs which you then fast track through the charity's re-homing scheme? Your words not mine.............

Incidentally - does that then make you a Animal Boarding Establishment? What legislation do you have to comply with - if any?

Kenny remained 'unwanted' for every day he spent in a kennel - no good for racing and not wanted as a companion animal.

Greytexploitations has NEVER asked for money or donations.

There is a 'donations' button on the website for people who wish to support the foster greyhounds in my care.

The campaign is funded totally by me.

If you would care to follow Lee Norris's spiteful course of action - then by all means report me to the tax man.

A tax rebate would be very much welcomed right now!
Jodie
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Can you tell me where in the Animal Welfare Act it stops a member of the public taking a perfectly healthy dog along to a vet to be killed or prevents various dog charities killing thousands of dogs per year? No questions asked!
No but members of the public or charities do not exploit dogs for economic purposes - neither are the public or charities claiming to be highly regulated with high standards of welfare.
Kev Stow
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-04-2010, 10:37 PM
Oh! So you are paid £300 to kennel dogs which you then fast track through the charity's re-homing scheme? Your words not mine.............

Incidentally - does that then make you a Animal Boarding Establishment? What legislation do you have to comply with - if any?

Kenny remained 'unwanted' for every day he spent in a kennel - no good for racing and not wanted as a companion animal.

Greytexploitations has NEVER asked for money or donations.

There is a 'donations' button on the website for people who wish to support the foster greyhounds in my care.

The campaign is funded totally by me.

If you would care to follow Lee Norris's spiteful course of action - then by all means report me to the tax man.

A tax rebate would be very much welcomed right now!
Am still looking for the apology for the fact you clearly got wrong....nope Ms Politician hasn't posted it again.

I am sorry, but they are not my words. I have never said that I fast track their rehoming. They are fast tracked into my kennels, but once there they, like all the dogs in our care, are rehomed on their merits and suitability.

Kenny was never unwanted and that is plain stupid. We have four dogs in our care currently reserved to go to homes....are they unwanted? Of course not, that's daft even by your own standards.

Greytexploitations has a donations button yet has NEVER asked for donations LOL. Can you tell me where on your website it says the donations you can make are to care for the foster greyhounds in your care?

Why would I report you to the tax man? However surely if any of us suspect benefit fraud or indiscretions etc then we are encouraged by the government to do so.

When I fill in my tax return I usually get a rebate too so can understand why one would be welcomed. If you're entitled to one then claim it rather than wait for me to report you because I have never ever said or suggested I would do that.

Kev
Page 155 of 157 « First < 55 105 145 152 153 154 155 156 157 >