Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 09:28 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
You never quite understand what I write, do you?
It is my belief we do not 'own' animals - I believe it is out duty to care for animals.

Just how many people do you think buy a companion dog, with the intention at the time of purchase, to destroy the dog if 'by chance' the dog sustains an injury?
I don't think many people do understand you, men are from Mars, Women are from Venus and Jodie comes from Jupiter!!

You live in cuckoo land Jodie, we're a selfish race, we breed animals to eat, we breed animals to satisfy our pleasures, we don't breed them to have a duty to care for them, not my opinion but it's true.
Navajo
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2010, 09:32 PM
Talking of promotion, does anyone represent retired greyhounds and what great pets they make at Crufts or the like?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2010, 09:58 PM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Talking of promotion, does anyone represent retired greyhounds and what great pets they make at Crufts or the like?
Yes there is usually a stand there (RGT) My friend does the discover dogs stand too, he has an ex racer he OWNED and raced, still has her, amazing eh!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2010, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Jodie View Post
The first part of my second question is - I would have thought - self explanatory.........i.e. if you are a self employed kennel hand - where are your kennels?

I am a kept women Kev - although I have a small pension and equity in my home which I invariably have to rely on.
Are you saying you dont know Jodie, never? No link? No copy and paste?
Jiff
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2010, 05:58 AM
Quote:Where the Minster states the good work of the rehoming centres of the industry and that 15 to 20 years ago when he went to Battersea they where full of greyhounds, on his last visit recently they did not have one.Unquote.

Quote from Galty that shows his complete ignorance of the subject, that however, doesen't stop a man of his calibre posting nonsense.

Battersea Dog's Home have for sometime now been informing the RTG of every greyhound they take in. The RGT then take on the greyhound/greyhounds in question. Including some that don't sport a relevant ear mark.

That is why there were no greyhounds to be seen.

Galty, I'm aware you are just a troll hoping to cause trouble, but do try to get your facts right then you may bring something of relevance to a topic that appears to go well above your head.
Jiff
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2010, 06:17 AM
Originally Posted by galty View Post
Do the dogs that you find homes for(over 100 again last year congratulations)go on the RGT homing figures?
If you had even a small understanding of the subject Galty, you would know that Kevins re-homed dog's do not figure. Kevin may inform the RGT he has homed a greyhound, and they just take his word for it. There is no actual proof via paperwork lodged with the RGT.

Until there is a central registry of all re-homed greyhounds from every rescued greyhound source, the true figure of rescued greyhounds will never be known.

However, this of course wouldn't be to the GBGB's advantage, because the other side of the coin would show how many greyhounds actually disappear.
Jiff
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2010, 07:08 AM
Originally Posted by Navajo View Post
Jiff, keep twisting, you antis are very good at this.

In any sport involving humans or animals as athletes there are risks and injuries and plenty of them, doesn't mean any of them should be abolished.

My greys are living out a lovely retirement, neither are bothered by their former injuries, how many national hunt or flat horses go on to retirement if they break down or break a leg, perhaps you're campaigning to abolish the wrong sport.

Navajo, I totally agree with you about the horses, it's a very similar situation. My wife at the time, owned a riding stable so I'm only too aware of the end awaiting so many horses. It may well imorove your Karma if you were to agitate on behalf of all these abused horses.

However, to return to your comments relating to your dog's. Unless something dire in the meantime strikes your dog's down, (God forbid) arthritic changes in their racing injuries in later life will cause a great deal of pain and discomfort. leading sadly to a shortening of their lives.

They will more than likely have developed heart murmurs as time goes on as a direct result of being asked to push their bodies beyond its usual safety limits. Greyhounds run as fast has they can for as long has they can in a unnatural way.That is their downfall that only to often leads to their premature death..
Jiff
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2010, 07:23 AM
Navajo, your quote; In any sport involving humans or animals as athletes there are risks and injuries and plenty of them, doesn't mean any of them should be abolished.

The difference Nav is atheletes have a choice in whether they partake in a dangerous sport, animals don't.

I'm interested in where you draw the line and where animal abuse crosses the line into abject cruelty.

Dog fighting for instance, the participants refer to it as a sport, so are you behind them in their definition. Or do you see it as a sadistic, barbaric practice that should never be allowed. Or just some lovable old rogues having fun with their dog's.
Jiff
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2010, 07:40 AM
I'm filming at a RGT rescue this morning, in fact the premier of all re-homing centre's. I'm at the Ladies kennel who was directly involved in the setting up of the RGT. I will be passing on a good donation and a large box of doggy treats to the awaiting hounds. Not from me, but a greyhound lover from Germany. So listen to the commentary Galty, I might make someone from Dogsey famous, but at the very least you will learn something.
Kev Stow
Dogsey Junior
Male 

21-02-2010, 07:48 AM
Bryan,

I am afraid you have another 'fact' wrong.

LGT send the national RGT a copy of our form for each dog rehomed which is modelled on theirs so they get all the same details from us that they get from all their branches.

However I do agree there should be a central database of retired greyhounds, but my understanding is when the RGT asked certain groups to provide them with information they were turned down.

Kev
Page 147 of 157 « First < 47 97 137 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 > Last »