Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Ear cropping
like 12 8.51%
dislike 124 87.94%
dont care 0 0%
sitting on the fence 5 3.55%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 5 of 30 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »
Brian
Dogsey Junior
Male 

04-11-2007, 05:39 PM
vote no because i think its cruel but have to say i do like the look of them cropped
miamoo
Dogsey Junior
Female 

04-11-2007, 06:03 PM
I voted no because i think its cruel and i think it looks horrible, it does make doberman look vicious, and they are'nt.I love mia's floppy ears they are cute!
SarahJ
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-11-2007, 06:06 PM
I like the cropped look on a great dane i must say, but it takes so much effort to maintain i couldnt be bothered...
muttzrule
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 02:54 AM
Cropping is simply the brutal and senseless torture of puppies. To support it in any way, is to approve of this barbaric practice.

Dawns cheeky comments "like clipping" not at all! As cutting a dogs fur doesn't hurt and doesn't mar the dog for life, like cutting off chunks of his ears and his tail.

Its simply abusive and cruelt. I hate seeing cropped dogs, and I hate having to treat a puppy thats been cropped, its months of misery post surgery. All for a "look" the owner could have attained by choosing a different breed!
bajaluna
Almost a Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 03:10 AM
voted no its wicked
Malady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 03:12 AM
I can't vote, don't know why
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2007, 10:59 AM
Originally Posted by muttzrule View Post
Cropping is simply the brutal and senseless torture of puppies. To support it in any way, is to approve of this barbaric practice.

Dawns cheeky comments "like clipping" not at all! As cutting a dogs fur doesn't hurt and doesn't mar the dog for life, like cutting off chunks of his ears and his tail.

Its simply abusive and cruelt. I hate seeing cropped dogs, and I hate having to treat a puppy thats been cropped, its months of misery post surgery. All for a "look" the owner could have attained by choosing a different breed!
Oh dear, you clearly dont understand how far back Becky and I go, IF you had cared to read it properly, it was a joke!
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2007, 11:21 AM
I voted dislike, having said that, why do competitiors in the show ring with danes/dobes/boxers pinch thier dogs ears with forefinger and thumb and hold the ears up to give a cropped effect ?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

05-11-2007, 11:44 AM
Originally Posted by nero View Post
I voted dislike, having said that, why do competitiors in the show ring with danes/dobes/boxers pinch thier dogs ears with forefinger and thumb and hold the ears up to give a cropped effect ?
To give a clear line of the head (profile shot), for the judge, (nothing in the way)

I know of one Boxer breeder who does this, not with all her dogs, but a few....may be she is disguising a fly away ear or the like.
nero
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

05-11-2007, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
To give a clear line of the head (profile shot), for the judge, (nothing in the way)

I know of one Boxer breeder who does this, not with all her dogs, but a few....may be she is disguising a fly away ear or the like.
In other words, cheating, like face painting,
Page 5 of 30 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »