Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Ear cropping
like 12 8.51%
dislike 124 87.94%
dont care 0 0%
sitting on the fence 5 3.55%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 30 of 30 « First < 20 27 28 29 30
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:45 PM
Originally Posted by zoeybeau1 View Post
Sorry Dawn, here a public apology
Accepted.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 09:51 PM
Wolfie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
I dont like heights, but I can take a pic!
Just make sure you get my good side
kathy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-04-2008, 10:06 PM
I may be wrong but when there was a similar discussion on tail docking I seem to remember some posters saying that it was wrong to dock a tail to prevent injury later in the dogs life as no one could possibly predict this but it is ok to spay/castrate to possibly prevent illness in the future,could someone please explain
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-04-2008, 10:30 PM
The difference is likely risk and results of that risk.
Numbers of dogs supposedly getting damaged tails through working is highly exaggerated, and easily avoidable,
a] don`t put the dog in supposedly high risk situations in the first place
or
b] clip tail feathering to prevent those getting caught on anything,
c] if a tail has an injury, let it heal, don`t just keep sending the dog out time and time again with a wound already there, [which is what was done with the dog in the, [ very old ], CDB usual scaremonger photo which gets shown most of the time ].

though vets report that injuries in such dogs tend to commonly be to ears, eyes, head, chest, legs and feet, those areas take the brunt, not the tail.

A scratched tail will not result in a dog dying a horrendously painful death unlike the usual outcome of pyometra, nor the massive op which is needed to strip mammary tumours and which may not be successful.

To compare a tiny minority of dogs getting an injury through working because those working the dogs are more interested in killing other animals than in their own dogs welfare by not putting the dog in a potentially risky situation in the first place, [ risky according to them ], to dogs getting known and very common killer diseases, well, they can`t be compared, its simply not realistic, the ops and reasons for them bear zero relation to each other.

This thread is not about neuter, nor tail docking, its about ears.
Page 30 of 30 « First < 20 27 28 29 30