Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Ear cropping
like 12 8.51%
dislike 124 87.94%
dont care 0 0%
sitting on the fence 5 3.55%
Voters: 141. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 3 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »
Snorri the Priest
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Once again, I'm thankful that I picked a breed that nobody "doctors" in the name of appearances (you can't improve on a Border Collie, anyway, they're perfect as they are!) or "to help it work" (BCs are lean, mean working machines as they are). As for what goes on in America, well, they voted for George Bush, didn't they?

(NB - nothing against Americans, just George Bush)

Snorri
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-11-2007, 04:42 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Colin I think you have the wrong idea, cropping cant be done till the puppy is about 8-12 WEEKS old, their ears are just blobs at 2 days old, I think you may be confusing it with docking?
Dawn.
Dawn yes your right I had a total brain fart.

I ment to put 12 weeks.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 04:53 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
Dawn yes your right I had a total brain fart.
I ment to put 12 weeks.

:smt044 :smt044 that made me smile.
surannon
Dogsey Senior
Female 

03-11-2007, 04:58 PM
I hate it. It's purely cosmetic and serves no purpose whatsoever. If people want a prick eared dog they should buy one! Not cut bits off they don't want.

I'm so very glad that not only is it banned in the UK but our KC will not accept cropped dogs for exhibition.

Debs
Colin
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Colin I think you have the wrong idea, cropping cant be done till the puppy is about 8-12 WEEKS old, their ears are just blobs at 2 days old, I think you may be confusing it with docking?
Dawn.
Dawn your right yet again.

Sorry I had a total brain fart when I typed that out, I meant to put 12 weeks.

Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

03-11-2007, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by Carole View Post
I like the look of it on some of the European boxers, it gives their head a great look but its something I would never do to mine if it was legal here. I can't imagine putting a young pup under for cosmetic surgery.
I have`nt voted, as none of the options dont really fit how I feel about it. As I sit in the grey area

And as it has been banned her for 100 yrs give or take, it is not an option .

But Like Carole, I to think a crop on a good European Boxer head, looks stunning......nothing like it.

I dont think it makes a dog look Visious far from it.

I wont include the US Boxer , as I dont like the look of the dog anyway, to tall , to fine, and heads like Great Danes (nothing wrong with a Dane head on a Dane )

And most US crops are atrocious

But , I know I am being hypercriticall here, as I could never put a puppy through such a barbaric operation,

But to gain a good crop, you need to breed the correct ear type, so even if it was legal here, , (and I guess this goes for all breeds who are cropped) we would have to start breeding for the correct ear type...i.e the UK Boxers ear, is to thick and long.

But here is a pic of a stunning cropped head, he is my Millies dad, he is a Belgium Import.

dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Originally Posted by Colin Bradish View Post
Dawn your right yet again.

Sorry I had a total brain fart when I typed that out, I meant to put 12 weeks.

A very beautiful dog colin , and i have to admit he does not look vicious as some i have seen that did xxdk
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 05:15 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I have`nt voted, as none of the options dont really fit how I feel about it. As I sit in the grey area

And as it has been banned her for 100 yrs give or take, it is not an option .

But Like Carole, I to think a crop on a good European Boxer head, looks stunning......nothing like it.

I dont think it makes a dog look Visious far from it.

I wont include the US Boxer , as I dont like the look of the dog anyway, to tall , to fine, and heads like Great Danes (nothing wrong with a Dane head on a Dane )

And most US crops are atrocious

But , I know I am being hypercriticall here, as I could never put a puppy through such a barbaric operation,

But to gain a good crop, you need to breed the correct ear type, so even if it was legal here, , (and I guess this goes for all breeds who are cropped) we would have to start breeding for the correct ear type...i.e the UK Boxers ear, is to thick and long.

But here is a pic of a stunning cropped head, he is my Millies dad, he is a Belgium Import.

I know what you mean , some of the us boxer have very long muzzles , i have a friend with an american import , and she stands taller , than most females and has a longer muzzle , xxdk
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 05:19 PM
Voted dislike [ theres a shocker lol ].
Firstly for the absolutely unnecessary utterly nonbeneficial surgery which is a very painful and long drawn out affair for the pups what with dressings, splinting, etc let alone the ears being highly sensitive in terms of nerve endings etc, and also I think it looks thoroughly :smt078
Its a senseless and dreadful way to ruin the looks of any dog. When I see pictures of dogs which have suffered this mutilation, I feel pity for the dog and sheer revulsion toward whoever did it to them.
AnneUK
Almost a Veteran
Female 

03-11-2007, 06:19 PM
No. Cosmetic surgery on a dog of any age imo is totally barbaric. I also think cropping makes the dog look deformed.

Patch I too am filled with sadness when I see a dog with cropped ears
Page 3 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »