Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

16-05-2007, 03:02 PM

Update on sisters chemo and the fiasco she had to go through

Her appt was for 10.30am she arrived in plenty of time reported to reception was told to wait in this small room also another Lady waiting since 10am.At 11.45 a Nurse pops her head round the door asks them what they are there for and says have you booked in with us at the chemo room.Both say no so off they go Gill got to start hers at 12-45pm and got to leave the Hospital at 6pm so it was a really long uncomfortable day for her as she has quite a long car journey and doesn't travel well at the moment and is in constant pain and had to sit around for hours because the Receptionist didn't know to tell them to book in at the chemo room.Rang her today and she isn't feeling too good.
she was hoping she was going to get away with feeling ill with it but maybe not.
I don't understand why her OH didn't go to ask what was going on and why they had such a long wait.Oh yes I do he is as much use a chocolate teapot.
He has already had enough of the journeys and looking after her and cooking he doesn't know whats going to hit him this has only just started and they have a long way to go yet.
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 03:11 PM
Sorry to hear your sister had an unpleasant experience, hopefully it will be better next time
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 03:59 PM
How awful, it's not as if your sister and the other lady were waiting to have teeth filled, they were there for unpleasant treatment which they were probably terrified about. Why would the staff treat them in such an unkind manner, its the responsibility of whoever is in charge of the department to make sure all its staff are fully aware of the rules surely.

I do hope your sister is going to start feeling better soon, such a pity too that her husband is not being more supportive, thank goodness she's got you to confide in.

Sheree x
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 04:02 PM
Your poor sister, what a cock up! as scorpio said all the staff should be aware of the arrangments. I hope your sister is not feeling too poorly and her husband pulls himself together.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 07:37 PM
Oh Lynn I'm sorry it didn't go so great for your sister today unfortunately it seems you really have to chase the staff at the moment or nothing gets done! I really hope it goes better for her next time. Hugs to you all xxxxx
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 08:05 PM
So sorry she had a rough day. Hopefully her husband gets his act together and that her next visit is less traumatic. xx
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 08:16 PM
How awful for her, i am sorry to hear this.
Hope it goes better next time.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 08:38 PM
So sorry to hear your sister had such a bad time. You would have thought the staff would try to make things easier for these patients they have enough to cope with as it is. Lets hope her next time will be better for her.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 08:46 PM
ah lynn thats awfull chemo is unpleasant enough with out that fiasco , hugs to her from me and my three i hope its more pleasant next visit xxx
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-05-2007, 09:12 PM
One thing you might want to mention to your sister is to have her hair cut short. It is less likely to fall out as the weight of long hair seems to 'assist' with the hair falling out.
Hope she starts feeling better tomorrow.
Becky
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >