Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2007, 04:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
If the breeding is being doen to the 'original standard' and that includes encouraging dog aggressionin the breed, then yes it is dangerous.If it is merely that people are breeding for height then no,it isn't dangerous, but as people have sadly alrweady discovered it could be problematic if they becoem classed as 'type'.
Dog aggression has NEVER been part of the Standard,the original or today's.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

12-04-2007, 09:33 PM
Dog aggression may not be part of the Standard, but it is well documented that Staffords can be dog aggressive.
I think thats what Ramble meant and I agree encouraging that behaviour in not just the Stafford, but any breed of dog is dangerous and such dogs should not be bred from.
Tee
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-04-2007, 09:51 PM
I think Brundog's post made a lot of sense. People are breeding any old Staff/ Staff cross together and selling them for silly money, that's more 'dangerous' than breeding to the original standard.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 07:12 AM
'original standard is not a standard anymore.
Why would you breed to a so called 'original standard' when there is no need to, it doesn't make the stafford any healther, it dosn't benenfit the dog world in any way!

Something really got me the other day,
I was on another forum and some nit was on about when they breed there 'stafford', as she was in season, they are going to breed her to a male thats about 18", her bitch was tall to, looked nothing like a 'stafford', I cant see how tall and lean even resembles a true 'stafford',
But they will still be KC reg her pups because of all the media hype at the mo, arggggggg
people like this are the reason there is so much media hype, why would you perposely breed a dog out of KC standard and then still KC reg it, even though there is another form of registering
This makes me so mad, breeding like this is the reason the stafford has the bad name it does,
They go on about not likeing the KC this and that, but there going to KC there none KC standard pups.

Breeding to original standard is dangerous, but for the poor dogs that are bred and that are at risk of being PTS.

Until more is done to make sure people only breed to standard, this will just keep happening, and these sort of people fuel my anger
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 09:13 AM
First Clair Ill be telling him what you have said, the bitch you have mentioned is Kc reg, DNA tested and get trace back her history, she is also 15 inches just. so she is within the kennel club height restrictions. Also the stud is 17 inches, hardly way off standard is it.

Jesus, both are l2 and hc clear and tested, both kc reg, the bitch is within standard and is a beautiful example of the breed, people are knocking at his door for these pups, as the stud is amazing too.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
First Clair Ill be telling him what you have said, the bitch you have mentioned is Kc reg, DNA tested and get trace back her history, she is also 15 inches just. so she is within the kennel club height restrictions. Also the stud is 17 inches, hardly way off standard is it.

Jesus, both are l2 and hc clear and tested, both kc reg, the bitch is within standard and is a beautiful example of the breed, people are knocking at his door for these pups, as the stud is amazing too.
dont no who your talking about hayley but the people i am on about have not health tested there dogs and there bitch is alot bigger than 15"
SBTlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-04-2007, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by cc22peatree View Post
'original standard is not a standard anymore.
Why would you breed to a so called 'original standard' when there is no need to, it doesn't make the stafford any healther, it dosn't benenfit the dog world in any way!
why is there no need to? that is your opinion so please explain why you made such a statement. and in what way does it not make the stafford any healthier? again, only your opinion do you have proof of this?

i know who you think she meant Hayley as I thought the same but apparently said person is a "she" and i dont recall reading any posts like that anywhere so dont know who it is
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 08:27 PM
How I see it there is one standard for a stafford and it should be stuck to, the true stafford breeders have worked long and hard for the breed so for people to breed out of standard iriates me.

I am not talking about the irish stafford, I'm on about KC standard staffords(cor that was a mouthful)

this is my opinion
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 09:06 PM
So those who worked very hard before 1984 when the stafford standard was changed didnt work hard? Because for nearly 50 years they had something amazing and them all of sudden they are being told not to breed like that for no good logical reason?
So it people like Jack Bernard who I feel are the true dog men who have worked very hard to make the Stafford in to an amazing breed. Joe Mullen too

Now these dogs where before the new standard
Ch Gentlemen Jim
Ch Lady Eve
Monty

Jim The Dandy

Fearless Joe

Cross Guns Johnson

These Staffords are the real staffords and Id like to see anyone say they are not when they run through most blood lines in the stafford in the Kennel club pedigrees.
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-04-2007, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
So those who worked very hard before 1984 when the stafford standard was changed didnt work hard? Because for nearly 50 years they had something amazing and them all of sudden they are being told not to breed like that for no good logical reason?
So it people like Jack Bernard who I feel are the true dog men who have worked very hard to make the Stafford in to an amazing breed. Joe Mullen too

Now these dogs where before the new standard
Ch Gentlemen Jim
Ch Lady Eve
Monty

Jim The Dandy

Fearless Joe

Cross Guns Johnson

These Staffords are the real staffords and Id like to see anyone say they are not when they run through most blood lines in the stafford in the Kennel club pedigrees.
never said they didn't work hard, that was the standard back then, things change, and I'm happy with the standard of today.

not everyone agree's with todays standard, and I respect that.

but they didn't just change the standard and expect everyone to all of asudden shrink there dogs, this was happening anyway
Page 4 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »