View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hayley SBT
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 06:37 PM
anyway Balance is the true key to a nice stafford, My Quinn and Bessie are very balanced, from foot to elbow, to elbow to shoulder, from muzzle to head length, from back end to front end, all in balance. Borris is too, but he is not a full stafford
kristian
Dogsey Senior
Male 

10-04-2007, 06:48 PM
[QUOTE=leadstaffs;978196]He most likely is but I also live in Merseyside and he did not go out of the house for a couple of weeks.
Oscar 18" is the black and white one

he is very handsome! a very good looking staffie the other 2 are sweet as well
Clair
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Hayley SBT View Post
Clair there is no possible way of being certain that breeding an 18 inch staffords you would get a 20 inch stafford. you could get 18 inch, 17 inch, 16 inch etc.

I know a 19 inch stafford (which IS MAX MAX height for me) that was bred to an 17 inch bitch, 4 out of 5 pups where 16 and half inches the other was 17 and quarter inches.

I also know a 15 inch bitch who was covered by a 16 inch male and they had a 19 inch pup, from show lines too.

Height really is just pot luck in staffords.
Thats what I was trying to say hayley

I have nothing wrong with a well breed taller stafford, aslong as they are bred to standard.
If seren made 17" it wouldn't bother me.
I hate to see tall 'staffords' that have no form of muscle or a good stance, you can't call a skinny leggy stafford a stafford
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 07:14 PM
Leadstaffs,Your dogs are stunning :smt049
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 07:16 PM
[I also hate too see breeders aim for exaggeration which does happen and it only happens in the show ring,

I can agree with some of the things you say but the above quote is not true. exaggeration can be found in many places and to be honest not seen very often in the show ring in the winning lineup.
leadstaffs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 07:28 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post
Thankyou the little one in the bed with Oscar is only about six months old. No exaggerations and went into the show ring.
The cat keps them all in place
Sara1210
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 08:10 PM
Originally Posted by Sal View Post

Couldnt agree more

Chance will be a big staff, as he is already 16 and a half inches at 26 weeks
SBTlover
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-04-2007, 09:07 PM
wow this thread has come on since i went to puppy raining earlier LOL

kristian sorry to be offtopic but is the pup in your avatar a Smallford pup? sorry she just looks the double of mine LOL
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 09:19 PM
to be hoonest i think the more dangerous aspect in staffie breeding - is how many people do it willy nilly - its a sad fact that there are LOADS of staffies in rescue - overflowing in most cases and yet they are still continously getting bred - and in many respects -badly.

old standard or new standard doesnt really matter to me - what is worse and more "dangerous" is the amount and the quality of the dogs that are bred from and many in my opinion just shouldnt be.

My rescue stafford is around 18" and is a muscular dog and i always get "comments" about him - good and bad.

it the people that are "breeding the dogs" not the dogs themselves that are being dangerous
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-04-2007, 10:07 PM
If the breeding is being doen to the 'original standard' and that includes encouraging dog aggressionin the breed, then yes it is dangerous.If it is merely that people are breeding for height then no,it isn't dangerous, but as people have sadly alrweady discovered it could be problematic if they becoem classed as 'type'.
Page 3 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »