Originally Posted by Northernsoulgirl View Post
Have you got young children I wonder?
Many of us have ......... its not something exclusive to this generation
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2012, 07:30 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post
The ones for the real littlies you tend to lift out these days, and clip onto your pushchair base, or your supermarket trolley whereby you can no longer see where you're going and have the fun sport of pushing a fully laden trolley of groceries, bawling baby and half a tonne of carseat blind around the obstacle course of Tescos on a Friday evening.

Most people seem to do this - I don't because the thing weighs a tonne and is such an annoying shape to manouver around that I ended up with permanently bruised legs doing it - I leave ours clipped in and use the second clippy bit of the seatbelt (our car's one that can fully remove seats so where the bottom fixed point would normally be in a seatbelt is another seatbelty clip bit so you can wind the seatbelt right back with the seat out) to just make it easier to pop her in and out of the carseat... cos the wretched thing's a pain in the rear and roll on when she's bigger for a less irritating seat!

I could quite easily manage without P+C spaces if I had to - I'd just park further away from the doors so I could grab an aisle end space where possible. But they're there - so I'll use one if one's free.
Fair enough re: car seats.

I all know about buggies are the cheap, crappy, fold up ones of yesteryear! I suppose some of the ones I see now look pretty nifty. I am sure one of my neighbours has a 4 wheel drive one for off roading!
celli
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2012, 08:16 PM
Originally Posted by dizzi View Post

What gets me REALLY annoyed while we're ranting is when supermarkets put the P+C spaces nearer the store entrance than the disabled bays!
One of the Tesco's in Perth does this, and I think it's outrageous, why on earth do mother's and children get to park closer than people with all manner of disabilities ?.
I have a suspicion it's because mum's will on the whole spend more, and nothing gets in the way of profit.
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2012, 08:21 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Many of us have ......... its not something exclusive to this generation
sorry, not quite sure what you mean?
Hanlou
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2012, 10:12 PM
Not read the whole thread I'm afraid..... but all I can say is this:

Dogs are welcome in the place I work (a Tourist Information Centre) - none of the dogs have ever attacked anyone or bitten anyone. However; a customer has been bitten (properly bitten!) by a child!

Never will I forget those immortal words from my colleague to the oblivious parent of said child "Excuse me, but your child is biting our customer!"

Whilst the savaging incident was dreadful it's crazy to blame and condemn all dogs for one incident! Humans do far more damage to each other I'm sure!
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2012, 10:20 PM
Originally Posted by ATD View Post
so this child was in fact trespassing, its a shame it happened but maybe the parents should take responsibilty to keep their child under closer watch
ATD x
What a ridiculous thing to say. The child is too young to be 'guilty' of committing any offence - civil or criminal - of 'trespass'. The age of responsibility in UK law is ten years old. The child wandered off. Heap all the blame on the child's family if you will and exonerate the dog (and the dog's charming owner) but for heaven's sake - this was a toddler!
Northernsoulgirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2012, 10:26 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
What a ridiculous thing to say. The child is too young to be 'guilty' of committing any offence - civil or criminal - of 'trespass'. The age of responsibility in UK law is ten years old. The child wandered off. Heap all the blame on the child's family if you will and exonerate the dog (and the dog's charming owner) but for heaven's sake - this was a toddler!
Yes I agree. I have two german shepherds who are very vocal at my fence but if anyone came in the gate (which they won't as it's always padlocked) they wouldn't attack them. If I thought for one moment that I had a dog that would attack somebody even on my premises I would put the dog to sleep myself.
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2012, 10:42 PM
Same here NorthernSoulGirl. I thought the post I quoted was one of the most heartless I've read with regard to what happened to that tiny child.
ATD
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2012, 10:59 PM
Originally Posted by Tangutica View Post
How so te child should be taken care of and supervised by their parents like you said a toddler they never heard of a pram or reins?? It they had wondered in the road it would be the parent fault how it this any different??
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2012, 11:02 PM
As I said - say what you like about the parents, grandparents or whoever, if it makes you feel better about reading of a dog mauling a toddler.

But to say the CHILD was 'trespassing' is RIDICULOUS.

I suggest you look up the definition of trespass.

The dismissive way this poor child's horrific injuries were described as 'a shame but' is, to my mind, heartless.

I've seen more sympathy expressed on here for a small dog that got mauled by a bigger dog.
Page 5 of 26 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »