Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 09:55 PM
I can't believe this has happened again
bullys4ever
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-06-2011, 10:08 PM
Disgusting...now all we have to do is wait for the trial and hear the same old spin about PC Plod being treated for stress and depression like the last one who did it.God help us if these are the norm in the police force.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

27-06-2011, 10:09 PM
idiots

didnt the copper last yr get prosectuted?

i recognise the photo, i lived nearby once and was a guest at keston
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 06:02 AM
Originally Posted by Krusewalker View Post
idiots

didnt the copper last yr get prosectuted?

i recognise the photo, i lived nearby once and was a guest at keston
He got fined £2500, like someone said, a months wage, big deal, he didn't even get banned from keeping dogs

The whole thing just makes me sick, so avoidable, what a way to die
boxergoggins
Dogsey Junior
Female 

28-06-2011, 06:32 AM
Just read an article online just now which says this policeman has not just done it once but twice and then got promotion W.t.f????

Yes, you read right...a woof has already died in a hot car under his "care"...then hes tried to take the cowards way out in trying to commit suicide...disgusting...
*Lorraine*
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-06-2011, 06:44 AM
Yes , sadly Tilly & Chay aren't the 1st to die under his "care"
His wife is also a met handler.... you'd have thought he'd learn from previous "mistakes" wouldn't you ?
I've a couple of friends who are radio researchers & presenters...they are all doing spots about this today.
I'm also emailing Met Police stations & animal welfare associations.
If nothing else , people may think before dragging their Dogs outside in the hot sun.
I had to get a guy to move his car on Sunday (full sun, 5 dogs in the back)...he was an idiot, not an officer of the law, a professional Dog handler with K9 officers in his care.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-06-2011, 08:30 AM
Originally Posted by boxergoggins View Post
..then hes tried to take the cowards way out in trying to commit suicide...disgusting...
ummm...yes....mental problems...very cowardly
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 09:23 AM
Originally Posted by wormole View Post
Had a look on their website and found this link to "complain about a member of our staff":

https://secure.met.police.uk/complaints/

or here for "customer feedback":

https://secure.met.police.uk/yourvoicecounts/index.php

I don't think it will make any difference, but the only thing we can do for those poor dogs is to voice our disgust directly to the met.
Brilliant, well done you!! If enough people bombard them, it WILL at least have an impact.

So let's do it ... today.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
It just had about a 30 second mention on Sky News. Clearly Kate and Wills at Wimbledon is far more important!!!
Oh ffs!! I am a huge fan of the royal family, but this is just ridiculous. I thought we were a nation of animal lovers.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2011, 09:32 AM
Originally Posted by boxergoggins View Post
Just read an article online just now which says this policeman has not just done it once but twice and then got promotion W.t.f????

Yes, you read right...a woof has already died in a hot car under his "care"...then hes tried to take the cowards way out in trying to commit suicide...disgusting...
What a bloody shame he didn't succeed!!

I don't buy this "mental stress" excuse and pressure of work as the reason why the dogs got forgotten in the van last year. I suffered from severe PTSD for years, but if anything mental trauma, pressure of work etc makes you HYPERvigiliant ... you become a bit obsessive with safety and what could happen ... what if this, what if that. There is no way in a million years that I could ever "forget" that I had left my boys in the car, in hot or cold weather. I would have been far more likely to forget I had left my daughter somewhere ... as I did famously when she was a wee babe. Had driven almost to Chester before I suddenly realised something was missing!! That was bad enough ... I have been wracked with guilt over that one for years, and my daughter, now 24, never lets me forget it. (I made the mistake of telling her when she was older!)

This is just an excuse. The police have a stressful job, there is no doubt. When they come off the beat they then have hundreds of emails to deal with and reams of paperwork, but this is NOT an excuse for leaving your dogs shut in a van, no way, no how. And for it to have happened again is just unforgiveable.
Page 6 of 28 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »