Female 

27-06-2011, 07:56 PM
Unforgivable.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 07:58 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
What a shame you have a dim view of police dog training. Was it many years ago that you worked as support staff? Unfortunately pd training years ago was very much yank and shout type training, but things have certainly changed in many forces in more recent years. My ex partner is a police dog instructor (well he retired this year) and I was regularly allowed to watch the pd training and was always very impressed with the modern, reward based and positive motivational methods used.
Yeah, I left them in 2003. That sounds good what you say ... there was a lot of yank and shout, and although I never saw it, an acquaintance of mine told me that the police would beat the dogs with chains to make them aggressive. I find that extremely hard to believe I must say, but I truly hope that is not true.
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 07:59 PM
I've failed trying to find an email address - I guess the Met is too big for such things.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 08:01 PM
It just had about a 30 second mention on Sky News. Clearly Kate and Wills at Wimbledon is far more important!!!
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-06-2011, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by Moobli View Post
It just had about a 30 second mention on Sky News. Clearly Kate and Wills at Wimbledon is far more important!!!
It was on the main BBC news. If you are going to start Royal bashing I will have to see you in the car park outside...
black666
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-06-2011, 08:16 PM
Its always a shame to hear of animals dying whether they are pets or working animals, dying in action, but to hear of yet another incident of the police contributing to the death of innocent dogs really saddens me!

I know that many police dogs are treated well by handlers, and looked after but why leave dogs with little to no ventalation in a vehicle? I would like to think that it was just a pure mistake, and they forgot to ensure the dogs were comfortable. However many dog handlers and owners would argue that they would always ensure that this incident would not occur and make they appropriate percautions. I would!
wormole
New Member!
Female 

27-06-2011, 08:58 PM
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
I've failed trying to find an email address - I guess the Met is too big for such things.

Had a look on their website and found this link to "complain about a member of our staff":

https://secure.met.police.uk/complaints/

or here for "customer feedback":

https://secure.met.police.uk/yourvoicecounts/index.php

I don't think it will make any difference, but the only thing we can do for those poor dogs is to voice our disgust directly to the met.
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 09:09 PM
Poor dogs. There is no excuse for this.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 09:27 PM
Originally Posted by Jugsmalone View Post
I think you were right, whether in shade or not, that car would have been hot inside.
Originally Posted by Gnasher View Post
Absolutely you were right. Dogs should never ever ever be left inside a car in spring, summer or autumn, unless the weather is very cool and it is obvious it is not going to be hot and it is only for a short time. Well done you.
Originally Posted by Luthien View Post
To KO

It has not been sunny here today, but after being in my car for 30 seconds, I needed to open the door before finishing faffing about before leaving work. I could hardly breathe, and sweat was pouring off me, which is not a look I like to pursue.

Shade really doesn't help.
Thanks for your replies-I thought I was doing the right thing as I would have felt bad just going off on such a hot day knowing they were stuck in the car, even though they were parked in the shade.

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Poor dogs. There is no excuse for this.
No-it was so unnecessary.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 09:35 PM
Inexcuseable

as for complaining I wrote and complained to the MET when two of their officers systematically beat their pet dogs and were caught on film.......and not sacked.

The letter I got back said they each had a punishment of a fine of one months wage............... well thats OK then isn't it
Page 5 of 28 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »