Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 05:29 PM
Poor dogs
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-06-2011, 05:43 PM
Unbelievable and heatbreaking. I hope they get booted out for gross negligence at the very least. Run free doggies,you were let down by the ones you trusted
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 05:57 PM
so sad
and so stupid.
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 05:57 PM
You can't believe they let this happen again! I am shocked-poor dogs.

We were at a dog show and fete yesterday and when we went back to our car another car had 2 small dogs in and they were barking. My husband Jamie said it was ok as the car was in the shade and they had left the windows open but I asked him to stop on the way out and I informed the lady taking the admittance money and she said she would have a word with the Policeman there (there was a Police car parked there).

Do you think I was right? Or my husband? I understand that the sun can move round so the car may not be in the shade after a while. I personally cannot understand anyone leaving their dogs in the car when at a dog show as surely the idea is you take them with you! It was 27 degrees yesterday too.
Jugsmalone
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 06:13 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post

We were at a dog show and fete yesterday and when we went back to our car another car had 2 small dogs in and they were barking. My husband Jamie said it was ok as the car was in the shade and they had left the windows open but I asked him to stop on the way out and I informed the lady taking the admittance money and she said she would have a word with the Policeman there (there was a Police car parked there).

Do you think I was right? Or my husband? I understand that the sun can move round so the car may not be in the shade after a while. I personally cannot understand anyone leaving their dogs in the car when at a dog show as surely the idea is you take them with you! It was 27 degrees yesterday too.
I think you were right, whether in shade or not, that car would have been hot inside.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Almost speechless I cannot believe this has happened AGAIN! The two cases are almost identical too. The Met dogs were actually at the PD Training Centre at Keston so why on earth were they in an unventilated private vehicle in such roasting conditions It beggars belief.

Poor, poor dogs. They will have had an excruciating and completely unnecessary and avoidable death. It makes me so mad.

Just a note as an aside to this story though - I have known a number of police dog handlers over the years, and one of my current best mates is a PD handler (and she is an excellent one ). I must stress that most police dog handlers hold their dogs in the highest esteem. The dogs are their best friends, companions and members of the family as well as their work partner. Most dog handlers would never leave their dogs in hot vehicles in this way and so please don't think that these two cases are the norm.

I do hope the Judge throws the book at this case.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 06:43 PM
Apalling that this has happened...again.

Originally Posted by Nippy View Post
Just shows the mentality of our police force
I cannot understand how anyone can leave a dog in an unventilated car at any time of day or year.
I am seething. I wonder it these officers will get off with it too like last year.
I dont think there is need to tar them all with the same brush. I worked at a police dog training centre and every single handler was there because they wanted to be there and care deeply for their dogs.
Plus, my OH is a copper
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 07:19 PM
I heard this on the news on the way home. The BBC mentioned it using one sentence. Apparently, it was deemed unworthy of more.

As for the perpetrators, they deserve nothing more than the same treatment......

I'm sickened, I really am......
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 07:20 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
Apalling that this has happened...again.

I dont think there is need to tar them all with the same brush. I worked at a police dog training centre and every single handler was there because they wanted to be there and care deeply for their dogs.
Plus, my OH is a copper
One was too many last year & now again this year, if joe public did this, the book would be thrown at them. No
Matter their occupation, they have committed an offence & caused suffering. I was told last year the suffering would have been immense. We cant just shrug it off lightly.

I dont think anyone would class all Police dog handlers or Police persons in same category.

Animals cant speak for themselves - we need to do it for them
Gnasher
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post

Absolutely you were right. Dogs should never ever ever be left inside a car in spring, summer or autumn, unless the weather is very cool and it is obvious it is not going to be hot and it is only for a short time. Well done you.
Page 3 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 13 > Last »