Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:56 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Look, I have the site to prove my point, its on you now to prove otherwise. Like I said, if it was all lies, why is it still there?

Many of the ones I knew were legal.
No, you don't. You have a site that does not show dog bites by American Pit Bull Terriers vs. other dog breeds. You have a site that shows bites by many dogs who fall under one umbrella and is based on media reports, which are often inaccurate.

Show me a site that actually proves that American Pit Bull Terriers bite more often than other dogs.

It's still THERE because any moron can have a website. There were websites out there trying to prove that Barack Obama was not born in the USA and that George W. Bush orchestrated 9/11. All lies. Up on the internet because anyone with some money and a bit of html knowledge can build one.
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:58 PM
hahaha yeah i do think your scared!

otherwise y would u want them banned???

i love pits, they are awsome! im planning to do work experience with them when i do my degree

i just hate it when people cut their ears, it looks horrible! poor dogs
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 06:01 PM
If BSL was repealed I'd get an American pit bull terrier from someone who has been dedicated to the breed, had them pre ban and was importing them, not breeding them from dogs already in the country, as we the ones here now are not the best examples of the breed, there is many pit types, but I do wonder how many pure pits there are

When I was at a small rescue for Staffies there was a gorgeous tiger brindle Irish Staff called Flower, and she was a babe, I did a bit of training with her, did some agility, watched her play with Honey and Diesel, watched her with young children, I would of taken this dog home, if it wasn't for the fact that she had severe food aggression, at that point with two other dogs it would of been stupid to bring her home, Flower was a ideal dog, but was brought over from Ireland, bred for fighting over here she never got to that point, but the food aggresion is thought to be stemmed from the fact that she never had enough growing up in her litter, and other dogs that she may of been near.

I would trust this dog over many others, if I could have any breed without the risk of stupid legislation it would be a full blooded American Pit Bull Terrier, thats my choice, and I would be proud to own one of these dogs, and think that a great name for one would be Justice, of course then I would also have to take a Staff that I know of called Myth too
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by airedaleowner View Post
hahaha yeah i do think your scared!

otherwise y would u want them banned???

i love pits, they are awsome! im planning to do work experience with them when i do my degree

i just hate it when people cut their ears, it looks horrible! poor dogs
Can I ask how old you are? You seem to have reverted to text type for some reason? Still, loving the "scared" bit.
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2010, 06:05 PM
yeah it easier

well u an deny it all u want but it soo obvious!!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 06:06 PM
yeah it easier

well u an deny it all u want but it soo obvious!!!
Its also against the rules, Scaredy pants over and out!
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2010, 06:09 PM
klkl

so you hve run out of ways to argue your point so your turnin to my spelling, OK!!!! haha

your funny
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 06:13 PM
klkl

so you hve run out of ways to argue your point so your turnin to my spelling, OK!!!! haha

your funny
I have no argument to prove, you have already said you have no experience in what you are trying to talk about, all you have is an opinion! Now me being so scared has had considerable experience (usually running up trees to get away from them ) So I base my knowledge of these dogs on what I have actually been associated with.
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2010, 06:18 PM
im still not changing my mind and i still love the breed.

you can deny all you want but im done now, im gonna go back to sorting stuff out for my puppy while you go on about getting rid of these poor dogs.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 06:21 PM
I have looked at the website,purely because I have no interest in seeing dog bite injuries.

I personally don't trust stats as they can be unreliable,my two,both Staffords have been mistaken for different breeds,Tyler has been reguarly called a pitbull,Meg has several times been called a Lab,now what does that tell you ?
That Mr Joe public isn't very good at identifying different breeds,therefore if the stats are coming from the public then I would state it is unrelaible information.

From 2005-2009 in the uk there have been several fatal dog attacks,
2 by pitbull "types"
1 JRT
3 by Rotties
1 SBT
2 by GSD

Surely we should be looking into the circumstances surrounding these attacks and not the breed,otherwise how are we going to learn and prevent attacks ?

Claiming a dog is dangerous because of it's breed is in my opinion sheer stupidity.We need to look at the bigger picture and not blame a whole breed because of the actions of one or two individual dogs of that breed,or it's idiot owner.
Page 7 of 26 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »