View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:46 PM
You're NOT asking that. You're citing dog breed stats from a country where they're NOT banned.

I'm trying to find some of the sites I've seen before with some stats but am having little luck. I really should bookmark this stuff.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by airedaleowner View Post
i havnt come into contact with them obviously cause they are illegal!!!!
but they arnt bad dogs, its the owners. a dog isnt born barring teeth and killing things is it seriously!

i know u wont listen to me cause u have your views and are obviously not going to even consider that they may not be born killers!

i know they are powerful but they are only dangerous if u make them that way
Ahhhhh spoken from somebody who has no experience of them, despite them being legal here for donkeys years before the ban, mmmmmmmm
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:47 PM
i havnt come into contact with them obviously cause they are illegal!!!!
Well, I *have* come into contact with MANY as BSL is illegal in my state (thank god our politicians did SOMETHING right for once). My dog plays with them consistently. We have a Pit and pit mix across the road and she's the best of friends with them.

And really, borderdawn, why don't you show us a site that has real statistics on it. I'd like to see attacks by American Pit Bull terriers vs. attacks by other dog breeds.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
You're NOT asking that. You're citing dog breed stats from a country where they're NOT banned.

I'm trying to find some of the sites I've seen before with some stats but am having little luck. I really should bookmark this stuff.
Why would that matter? The UK accounts for some of those stats and they ARE banned, that should tell you something at least? perhaps that even the small number that remain here, are responsible for KILLING, whereas the legal breeds have done far less despite their numbers being terrific.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:49 PM
Well, I *have* come into contact with MANY as BSL is illegal in my state (thank god our politicians did SOMETHING right for once). My dog plays with them consistently. We have a Pit and pit mix across the road and she's the best of friends with them.

And really, borderdawn, why don't you show us a site that has real statistics on it. I'd like to see attacks by American Pit Bull terriers vs. attacks by other dog breeds.
So have I.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:50 PM
The small number that are allowed there are kept by people keeping them illegally and no doubt involved in many illegal activities.

Can you show us a site with real stats on it please? Like one that compared attacks by APBTs (not Staffies and other breeds lumped together) with other dog breeds? Because you're not showing us anything that shows ANYTHING. I'd like to see you show an unbiased site. Thanks.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:50 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
So have I.
*rolls eyes* But the ones I meet are LEGAL and owned by decent folks.

Waiting for your unbiased site to prove all your accusations.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:53 PM
*rolls eyes* But the ones I meet are LEGAL and owned by decent folks.

Waiting for your unbiased site to prove all your accusations.
Look, I have the site to prove my point, its on you now to prove otherwise. Like I said, if it was all lies, why is it still there?

Many of the ones I knew were legal.
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:53 PM
i havnt had experience no but that doesnt mean im wrong!

i have been around many other powerful breeds and had noo problems. my friend had a GSD, she has been raised with boundries ect and is perfect. never shown any aggression.

i think you are scared of the breed. the media says the dogs are pits even when their not so asking for stats isnt going to work because its not reliable.

oh well, everyone has opinions but its when they get out of control and the dogs die when i feel people take it to far!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:54 PM
i havnt had experience no but that doesnt mean im wrong!

i have been around many other powerful breeds and had noo problems. my friend had a GSD, she has been raised with boundries ect and is perfect. never shown any aggression.

i think you are scared of the breed. the media says the dogs are pits even when their not so asking for stats isnt going to work because its not reliable.

oh well, everyone has opinions but its when they get out of control and the dogs die when i feel people take it to far!
Do you think Im scared? All the folk that know me know will be rolling on the floor!
Page 6 of 26 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »