View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:28 PM
Show me how many of those were actually caused by pit bull terriers and maybe we can talk. "Pit bull" is meaningless. I don't know how many of those dogs cited are ACTUAL pit bulls and how many are Staffies, how many are other bulldogs and other bully breeds. Many of those are no doubt Staffies (most people can't even tell them apart and THOSE are not banned in the UK). Many are probably other bully breeds.

You know what, I don't even know why I bother. You ARE biased and nothing is going to change your mind. You've bought into the media hype and all their nonsense lock, stock and barrel. Sad.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Couldnt give a monkeys about what any of you say, Ill ask you ALL again, find me a breed responsible for KILLING more people, anywhere on the planet.

My point is, I can understand how some people feel about these dogs, and it strengthens my personal view that they are better off banned, here at least. I also feel that anyone found owning one here, is a disgrace and should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law if possible.

Sure, there are many cross types, but even so, what does that tell you?
Bad owners
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:37 PM
i think there is no point in trying to pursuade people to like the breed or accept them.

people who think they should be banned are just scared of them. i want them to be legal again in the UK and i would definatly get one! poor dogs cant speak for themselves and so people feel they should decide what happens to them
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by Crysania View Post
Show me how many of those were actually caused by pit bull terriers and maybe we can talk. "Pit bull" is meaningless. I don't know how many of those dogs cited are ACTUAL pit bulls and how many are Staffies, how many are other bulldogs and other bully breeds. Many of those are no doubt Staffies (most people can't even tell them apart and THOSE are not banned in the UK). Many are probably other bully breeds.

You know what, I don't even know why I bother. You ARE biased and nothing is going to change your mind. You've bought into the media hype and all their nonsense lock, stock and barrel. Sad.
Youre being silly now, I have asked you to prove the point you claim is true, after all, what a lawyers delight that site would be if all of the content were lies! Especially for all the innocent dogs and their owners!

Why dont you own a PB, if they are such good pets?
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:39 PM
Originally Posted by airedaleowner View Post
i think there is no point in trying to pursuade people to like the breed or accept them.

people who think they should be banned are just scared of them. i want them to be legal again in the UK and i would definatly get one! poor dogs cant speak for themselves and so people feel they should decide what happens to them
Classic, scared of them, love it! How many have you PERSONALLY come into close contact with?
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:42 PM
Here's a site with typical statistics:

http://old.swivel.com/data_sets/spreadsheet/1007511

66 fatalities between 1979 and 1998 attributed to purebred pit bull "type" dogs. That includes Staffies and many other bully breeds. Break it down by ACTUAL breed (like everyone else is) and I can guarantee Rottweilers would outweigh American Pit Bull Terriers.

So maybe you should be hating on the Rottie instead.
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
Youre being silly now, I have asked you to prove the point you claim is true, after all, what a lawyers delight that site would be if all of the content were lies! Especially for all the innocent dogs and their owners!

Why dont you own a PB, if they are such good pets?
Typical. Just typical. Now YOU are getting silly. I don't own one because I have a preference for long-haired herding breeds and I'm not into terriers in general (I'd sooner own a pit bull than a JRT though). I also don't because of nonsense BSL. I can't handle the thought of loving a dog who might be taken away and killed because some ignorant moron has declared him/her dangerous.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Here's a site with typical statistics:

http://old.swivel.com/data_sets/spreadsheet/1007511

66 fatalities between 1979 and 1998 attributed to purebred pit bull "type" dogs. That includes Staffies and many other bully breeds. Break it down by ACTUAL breed (like everyone else is) and I can guarantee Rottweilers would outweigh American Pit Bull Terriers.

So maybe you should be hating on the Rottie instead.
Im not making myself clear am I? I quoted the one site, you are claiming its wrong. Im asking you to tell me a breed anywhere in the world that is responsible for more DEATHS in people. Im not interested in Rotties, like the PB, I board plenty, I have a decent knowledge of them both thanks.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:44 PM
Typical. Just typical. Now YOU are getting silly. I don't own one because I have a preference for long-haired herding breeds and I'm not into terriers in general (I'd sooner own a pit bull than a JRT though). I also don't because of nonsense BSL. I can't handle the thought of loving a dog who might be taken away and killed because some ignorant moron has declared him/her dangerous.
Neither can I, which is why if people were law abiding here, we wouldnt be seeing it would we?

Dont hate any dog, couldnt.
airedaleowner
Dogsey Junior
Female 

27-05-2010, 05:45 PM
i havnt come into contact with them obviously cause they are illegal!!!!
but they arnt bad dogs, its the owners. a dog isnt born barring teeth and killing things is it seriously!

i know u wont listen to me cause u have your views and are obviously not going to even consider that they may not be born killers!

i know they are powerful but they are only dangerous if u make them that way
Page 5 of 26 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »