Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 01:38 AM
some people have double standards.
Jenn~n~Luke
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-03-2011, 08:03 AM
All I'm going to say is: when Great Danes are bred to poodles I want to scream, and cause mayhem. An idiotic cross...and they sure as heck are not "hypoallergenic".
malwhit
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-03-2011, 12:13 PM
I have Labradoodles and Mini Schnnauzers - and have seen the good and bad in both pedigree and non-pedigree breeders

Until I got my 1st Labradoodle I was not a fan of Designer Dogs, but I could not find a medium-large sized breed that appealled. Luckily I picked a good breeder as Lottie was the first dog I have seen a photo of and decided I wanted her.....not something I have done before as I always agonised over picking a puppy for ages

To me they are ideal pets - their coats are easily managed but they are more Poodle in temperament. I got them both cheaply too - everybody wanted the fluffy/hairiest ones in the litter and I wanted the opposite.

Maybe its time show breedes started asking themselves why people are buying designer dogs and not pedigrees. Is breeding excessive coat, shorter legs, longer backs,etc., for the show ring putting people off ?
I remember reading every dog book in the Library when I was a kid and some breeds look totally different now to what they did 30 or 40 years ago.
Noushka05
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-03-2011, 12:46 PM
Originally Posted by malwhit View Post
I have Labradoodles and Mini Schnnauzers - and have seen the good and bad in both pedigree and non-pedigree breeders

Until I got my 1st Labradoodle I was not a fan of Designer Dogs, but I could not find a medium-large sized breed that appealled. Luckily I picked a good breeder as Lottie was the first dog I have seen a photo of and decided I wanted her.....not something I have done before as I always agonised over picking a puppy for ages

To me they are ideal pets - their coats are easily managed but they are more Poodle in temperament. I got them both cheaply too - everybody wanted the fluffy/hairiest ones in the litter and I wanted the opposite.

Maybe its time show breedes started asking themselves why people are buying designer dogs and not pedigrees. Is breeding excessive coat, shorter legs, longer backs,etc., for the show ring putting people off ?
I remember reading every dog book in the Library when I was a kid and some breeds look totally different now to what they did 30 or 40 years ago.
there are lots of pedigree breeds who are free from exaggerations
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Originally Posted by NOUSHKA05 View Post
there are lots of pedigree breeds who are free from exaggerations
and many crossbreeds that arnt
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Originally Posted by malwhit View Post

I remember reading every dog book in the Library when I was a kid and some breeds look totally different now to what they did 30 or 40 years ago
people buy designer dogs because they are advertised as a new hybrid "perfect family pet, doesnt moult!!!" etc. general public dont look into things in enough detail, and for somehouse proud people a dog that doesnt moult is perfect. not the fact there are alot of pedigree dogs that dont moult.
as for the excessive coat shorter legs, longer backs, these breeds have existed alot longer than the doodles appearing everywhere. many people own them. but show/working breeders dont feel the need to market their dogs, people that know a breed will take it on with or without its faults, no what they are looking for so you dont see ads from reputable breeders about their dogs, i could get away with it easily "bald dogs, so easy to look after no combing, no moulting, perfect little handbag size" its easy to advertise any breed to appeal to the public, just that decent reputable breeders dont do it because they dont need to.
Page 28 of 28 « First < 18 25 26 27 28