Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2009, 06:54 PM
Originally Posted by Brundog View Post
Thats why he should be saved, he hasnt done anything wrong and neither has any of the other dogs that are in similar positions.
I totally agree with you. The sad fact is we have BSL in this country and the way it is written is so wishy washy.

Have they DNA tested Bruce to find out if he's pitbull? Sorry I haven't a clue how they decide these things. Is it just because of how he 'looks'?
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Originally Posted by HannahCB View Post
I have made a group on fb which has over 100people in a few hours and have got about 300 people to sign in the last 24. Just tried emailing the rspca i dont know what good it will do but i had to do it, its so wrong that dog is not getting the five freedoms and in such they are breaking the law. urgh im just so mad/sad
Can you PM me a link to the fb group please? I'd like to join.
EGAR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Roger (Dr. Mugford) is holidaying at present (in Rome above all places) but he kept himself informed and phoned me this afternoon to tell me that another and last appeal has been lodged and Bruce will NOT be pts'd on Monday due to this.

We REALLY need to keep the pressure going at this stage. Email all your MP's and the contacts on the list.

There is no DNA testing for APBT it is done solely by phenotype. And Bruce is IMHO an AmBull x. However, it didn't help that the owner refused to stop labelling him as APBT online and in correspondence. I corresponded with her when it all started and told her to at least cahnge it to "alleged APBT" but she refused to change it.

And that, of course, didn't help.

In all the cases of seized dogs I have been involved in the owner would NOT know where the dog was. It was brought to a neutral loation for Breed ID in an unmarked van and that was that.

Bruce is in a reasonable condition now from what Roger tells me and extremly friendly.

The USPCA however is pro BSL/DDA and Mister Philpott has been involved in several cases of going into OTHER animal sanctuaries to undercover to find dogs of "type" which have been seized and subsequently pts'd. IMHO they should be prosecuted too.
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2009, 05:52 AM
Thanks EGAR for the update i had heard this somewhere else too, Hopefully this can be sorted, we will def keep pushing this forward into the lime light. i feel like a woman on a mission fb group is going strong now with over 250members and a majority are typing letters as we speak also we have been in contact with some radio stations and sky news ect
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2009, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by HannahCB View Post
Thanks EGAR for the update i had heard this somewhere else too, Hopefully this can be sorted, we will def keep pushing this forward into the lime light. i feel like a woman on a mission fb group is going strong now with over 250members and a majority are typing letters as we speak also we have been in contact with some radio stations and sky news ect
Yes thanks for the update EGAR.

And also Hannah, where do i find your group on FB, I woudl like to join..
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

04-07-2009, 12:01 PM
Hi Toby just type in bring bruce home in the search box of fb and its the one thats says we have until moday the 6th, There are two others but there quite old and only have a few members.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

04-07-2009, 04:42 PM
Please email the following regarding bruce. They are mps in the area bruce was taken from. Please forward everywhere!

more urgent contact details

North Down constituency has six MLAs (think each constituency has six elected)
MLA = Members of the Legislative Assembly

Alex Easton
Stephen Farry
Peter Weir
Leslie Cree
Brian Wilson
Alan McFarland

Alexander Easton DUP Alex.Easton@niassembly.gov.uk

Stephen farry stephen.farry@allianceparty.org

Peter Weir DUP pjweir@hotmail.com

Leslie Cree UUP Leslie.cree@northdown.gov.uk

Brian wilson???

or Peter Weir, Stephen Farry MLA and Brian Wilson all have fb pages.

Thank you!!!
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-07-2009, 10:12 PM
I've e-mailed the people above
poppygirl
New Member!
Female 

04-07-2009, 10:47 PM
i have just watched the video of bruce for the first time and iam absolutely disgusted!!! i have worked in a kennels for strays for nearly 8 years now, and most of the dogs that i have cared for had been mis-treated and neglected in some form and never looked that bad!! the people in charge should be punished for what they are doing to this lovely dog.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

05-07-2009, 03:35 PM
Have sent emails to the above and just bumping this up again.
Page 7 of 27 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 17 > Last »