Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-07-2009, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by EGAR View Post
Dealing with her is a nightmare, her solicitor isn't much better.
I extend my sympathies and admiration for your steadfastness.

However, I think we should direct our energy now 11th hour appeals and forget about the "owner".
I concur.

Here's some more letter templates and contacts:

Template for encouraging other organisations to call for a reprieve.

Template to discourage veterinarians from destroying Bruce.
EGAR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2009, 10:27 PM
Great stuff, I'll get going - again!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2009, 11:06 PM
I am so ashamed to say that I cannot watch the vid but have started e-mailing the people on the list given.

I truly hope this helps.
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2009, 09:34 AM
I did not know all that about the owner. But as you say it's Bruce that matters.

Well done to EGAR and all those trying so hard, lets all hope for the outcome he deserves!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by EGAR View Post
Dealing with her is a nightmare, her solicitor isn't much better. And not just when it comes to EGAR, I've had lengthy conversations with people involved in this case legally and the story is the same: numpty owner, didn't show up at SEVERAL hearings, already has a new dog etc pp.

What sickens me the most is that there was a REAL chance of a legal precendence (sp?) which could have let to a review of the DDA in NI or at the very least the consideration of adopting the amendment. And the numpty owner threw it all away.

I am regulary talking to a guy who has had 3 dogs taken off him over 2 years ago. He is bending over backwards to get his dogs freed, he's there at EVERY court hearing, no matter how small, he never gives up. I had this grown man weep on the phone to me. WEEP! He now suffers from depression and it's taken a huge toll on his health.

He never went after glory, he never posted on Bebo. And she fecked it up for him - royally.

My offer still stands. I had also offered to come to court in case that would sway the judge to be rid of the case and hand him over to me. I had to chase her up and call her. It's a nightmare.

However, I think we should direct our energy now 11th hour appeals and forget about the "owner".

There are some people on another forum that have been talking about this, and I commend you for the work that you have done for all the other dogs, you are a angel for them

But I have wondered about the owner, I agree that she should just be forgotten about, I don't like what I have read, and its a big shame on her for what she has allowed to Bruce, and the other mans dogs, but I hope that poor Bruce is able to be helped.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-07-2009, 10:55 AM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post

Well done to EGAR

Absolutely.

Bruce doesn't have much chance but what chance he has is down to EGAR's offer of sanctuary.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-07-2009, 11:47 AM
Bruce's execution has been postponed! He is still due to be killed. We don't know when so, please, keep emailing, keep crossposting, keep writing!
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-07-2009, 12:16 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
Bruce's execution has been postponed! He is still due to be killed. We don't know when so, please, keep emailing, keep crossposting, keep writing!
Well that's kind of good news! Lets hope they let EGAR take him, i know the petitin has reached over 9,000 people, they must take notice of such number of people opposing this!
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

03-07-2009, 12:26 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Well that's kind of good news! Lets hope they let EGAR take him, i know the petitin has reached over 9,000 people, they must take notice of such number of people opposing this!
Unfortunately, unless a petition hits over 50,000, it is usually treated as a single plea much like a single letter or email.

I would say that emails from Dogsey members already have more impact than the petition.

However the petition has gained over a thousand signatures in the last 24 hours. If a goodly portion of those are writing as well......?
Emax
Dogsey Junior
Female 

03-07-2009, 12:38 PM
I have modified the wording and emailed to everyone including the vets. Hopefully this will do some good but having read the last few comments I guess if he is saved Bruce will be looking for a new home. Poor dog.
Page 5 of 27 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 > Last »