Was that Jeffrey Donaldson?

try:

http://www.jeffreydonaldson.org/AdviceCentre.asp
Yep, that one works!
Benzmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2009, 07:53 PM
Have changed wording and emailed. I really hope Bruce gets a pardon or if the a$$es in power can't see the injustice that poorBruce passes peacfully and is free from the horrific pain and suffering he must be enduring. I am still sickened to be partofthe human race...race for what power greed etc etc
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2009, 07:59 PM
have just posted a link to the video on my [a social network], and sent a message to all my friends to sign, maybe if we post it everywhere we might save him
Gadge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2009, 08:15 PM
Originally Posted by HannahCB View Post
have just posted a link to the video on my [System edit: Contains pet groups], and sent a message to all my friends to sign, maybe if we post it everywhere we might save him
i have just done the same with my friends too
HannahCB
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-07-2009, 08:32 PM
Yhanks just making a group on ther too
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2009, 08:35 PM
I have been following this dog's story on another forum. He could have been moved into the care of a rescue in Southern Ireland that was more than willing to take him; all they needed was the owners permission.

The rescue made several attempts to contact the owner who didn't answer their phone or respond to messages left for them. Contact was also attempted via the owners solicitor.

TBH, from what the rescue person has said, it sounds like the owner was simply getting some sort of thrill from the attention this has generated and now the dog is to be put to sleep simply because the owner never bothered to act in time. They didn't bother to turn up to court hearings etc and this case would have had a huge impact of the DDA in Northern Ireland and future cases.

From what I have heard the owner not only has the blood of her own dog on her hands, but many others to follow.

Disgraceful.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

02-07-2009, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Evie View Post
I have been following this dog's story on another forum. He could have been moved into the care of a rescue in Southern Ireland that was more than willing to take him; all they needed was the owners permission.
I have no inclination to defend Bruce's owner but I must point out that once Bruce had been seized the owner's permission was neither here nor there. It was the court that would decide his fate. EGAR's offer was communicated to Shannon's solicitors in writing but the court did not/could not avail itself of this option. Shannon may well fall short in our consideration of an owner. I would have been in court this week (the only hearing I'm aware she missed) and I would have made damn sure that my solicitors responded to EGAR but one thing that is absolutely certain is that Bruce is not going back to Shannon so I'm going to concentrate on the dog and forget Shannon's failings, real or alleged.
logan44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2009, 09:40 PM
Poor Dog Lets hope he can be saved and go on to lead a happy life poor little chap
EGAR
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-07-2009, 09:44 PM
Dealing with her is a nightmare, her solicitor isn't much better. And not just when it comes to EGAR, I've had lengthy conversations with people involved in this case legally and the story is the same: numpty owner, didn't show up at SEVERAL hearings, already has a new dog etc pp.

What sickens me the most is that there was a REAL chance of a legal precendence (sp?) which could have let to a review of the DDA in NI or at the very least the consideration of adopting the amendment. And the numpty owner threw it all away.

I am regulary talking to a guy who has had 3 dogs taken off him over 2 years ago. He is bending over backwards to get his dogs freed, he's there at EVERY court hearing, no matter how small, he never gives up. I had this grown man weep on the phone to me. WEEP! He now suffers from depression and it's taken a huge toll on his health.

He never went after glory, he never posted on Bebo. And she fecked it up for him - royally.

My offer still stands. I had also offered to come to court in case that would sway the judge to be rid of the case and hand him over to me. I had to chase her up and call her. It's a nightmare.

However, I think we should direct our energy now 11th hour appeals and forget about the "owner".
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-07-2009, 10:00 PM
Originally Posted by EGAR View Post
Dealing with her is a nightmare, her solicitor isn't much better. And not just when it comes to EGAR, I've had lengthy conversations with people involved in this case legally and the story is the same: numpty owner, didn't show up at SEVERAL hearings, already has a new dog etc pp.

What sickens me the most is that there was a REAL chance of a legal precendence (sp?) which could have let to a review of the DDA in NI or at the very least the consideration of adopting the amendment. And the numpty owner threw it all away.

I am regulary talking to a guy who has had 3 dogs taken off him over 2 years ago. He is bending over backwards to get his dogs freed, he's there at EVERY court hearing, no matter how small, he never gives up. I had this grown man weep on the phone to me. WEEP! He now suffers from depression and it's taken a huge toll on his health.

He never went after glory, he never posted on Bebo. And she fecked it up for him - royally.

My offer still stands. I had also offered to come to court in case that would sway the judge to be rid of the case and hand him over to me. I had to chase her up and call her. It's a nightmare.

However, I think we should direct our energy now 11th hour appeals and forget about the "owner".
Thats so sad to hear, as i am sitting here upset by the injustice of it all, yet the owner isnt turning up to defend her dog.. I really hope that Bruce can be saved and live the life he deserves. So sad
Page 4 of 27 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »