Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

01-07-2009, 03:12 PM

To those who have followed Bruce, the NI pit bull

There may be a thread. I haven't looked.

Bruce will be killed on Monday.

crystalsoul
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-07-2009, 03:32 PM
That poor dog, the state of him now is awful. I feel for his family
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2009, 03:42 PM
thats horrendous, the state that dog is in now should be called into question never mind his pit bull status, he looks just like Bruno as far as i am concerned, and actually the piccies now of him in the deteriorated state that he is he looks more staffie than pit. Its awful I cant believe the judge is just going to PTS rather than let him be rescued to the space they have in the southern ireland. DISGUSTING it really is, I dont know what i would do if i was in that position but I think breaking into the kennels and taking him and then moving to southern ireland would spring to mind !!!
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2009, 04:02 PM
I have been following this case on another forum, did the rescue not work out then? As I heard that he could be going to a rescue in Ireland where it would be legal for him to live, what a shame though for a gorgeous boy who suffered for no reason at all.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-07-2009, 04:06 PM
I remember this!

Oh god, the poor thing. It's just not right.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

01-07-2009, 04:08 PM
Originally Posted by chaz View Post
I have been following this case on another forum, did the rescue not work out then? As I heard that he could be going to a rescue in Ireland where it would be legal for him to live, what a shame though for a gorgeous boy who suffered for no reason at all.
The offer stood but the NI court could not/would not avail themselves of it.

BSL - makes you proud to be British, don't it?
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-07-2009, 04:16 PM
Originally Posted by johnderondon View Post
The offer stood but the NI court could not/would not avail themselves of it.

BSL - makes you proud to be British, don't it?
Thats so horrible, this dog did absoluty nothing, its owners were not abusing him, they loved him, and he was in great shape, until he was taken, when he was then abused, and not just for a little while, he was allowed to detorite over a long time, and then there was a light at the end of the tunnel, and then just like that its gone!!

Oh I really hate BSL, which really goes against the criminal justice system for actuall criminals, for them its innocent until proven guilty, no matter what they did, but for a gorgeous and happy dog, its guilty until proven innocent, and thats not even based on what hes done!! I wish that there was no such thing as BSL.
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-07-2009, 04:21 PM
Was just watching the video again.
How has he been allowed to get into such a state? If he was living back home and looked like that the RSPCA would be called wouldn't they? So how is it ok for him to be in that condition after being seized? Were they trying to torture a reaction out of him?

Disgraceful isn't the word.
johnderondon
Almost a Veteran
Male 

01-07-2009, 04:29 PM
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
How has he been allowed to get into such a state? If he was living back home and looked like that the RSPCA would be called wouldn't they?
Exactly.

Dogs in the care of the Met. police have been returned to owners in atrocious condition. Some so traumatised that they have had to be destroyed after coming home. Approximately two dogs per week actually die while in Met. police care. The RSPCA have been asked to investigate. They refuse.
Gadge
Dogsey Junior
Female 

01-07-2009, 05:17 PM
how can people let this happen! i couldnt even imagine having my dog taken from me and having to watch it suffer. Does anyone know if he is getting adopted?
Page 1 of 27 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »