Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:46 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
I think the post can be read in either of two ways..

1) The WTF and bint was referring to the woman discussing such a X
or

2) The WTF was referring to not having heard of that X before
Numero Uno

Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
it's all bull terrier x shih tzu if you ask me
Genius ;o)
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:48 PM
I'm more worried about how some of these ''matings'' occur. We were wondering today about how one of our work colleague's Lhasa Apso (entire) would get on with a choccie lab who's in season. Although Lhasador has a lovely ring to it!!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:48 PM
This is pretty old ground we have been over portmanteau names (meaning when the beginning of one word is run into the end of another word to create a hybrid meaning) before and yes I do own a Huskamute I think it has a nicer ring to it and is easier to say than Husky malamute cross... On my more 'can't be bothered to explain it' days I have been known to cally her an Alaskan Husky too!

There is a difference between running the two names together because it's cute sounding and deliberately cross breeding 'designer dogs' to order.

My aunty had an adorable Jack Sh*t for instance and Madmare I'm sure Shady can be an adorable 'Germiler rottherd' How posh does that sound!!!

There are two issues I think is what I am saying.. The wrong and bad practice of breeding 'overpriced designer dogs'. Which I think we can all agree is terrible blah blah blah

And the more harmless fashion for creating portmanteau names for cross breeds to make them sound less derogatory that 'mutt' or 'mongrel'.

I think it's worth finding out which the er 'bint' has before damning her or the breeder. She may have paid a perfectly ordinary sum of money for a Springer Labrador cross which is a relatively common gun dog cross and may just prefer the portmanteau name?

(bint is definitely derogatory down here in darkest Essexland.. I'd not be impressed if anyone called me a bint)
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 08:03 PM
I'm not even going to start on the ridiculous "designer dog" thing otherwise I won't stop! I think you can guess what I think about it all....

Springador?......Sounds like something from Lord of the Rings.....Gandalf, Frodo, Legalos and Springador.....
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 08:15 PM
There are quite a few poodle crosses about round here. They seem like very active dogs, and their owners seem to adore them. It`s early days yet, though. One thing - do you have to have doodle clipped / groomed every few weeks like a full poodle if it`s got the poodle coat?
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 08:18 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
There are quite a few poodle crosses about round here. They seem like very active dogs, and their owners seem to adore them. It`s early days yet, though. One thing - do you have to have doodle clipped / groomed every few weeks like a full poodle if it`s got the poodle coat?
Suppose it depends on the type of Doodle.
esmed
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 08:48 PM
I may be completely wrong here but effectively aren't all dogs crossbreeds of some description??

I've been reading a dog breeds book lately and a lot of the breeds listed in there say "[Insert breed name] was bred from X and Y to create a dog that was suitable for.......".

I think IMO that if you trace a breed's history back far enough it probably came about from crossbreeding its just back then it was done for a purpose other that "design".

I might be completely off the mark, thats just the way i perceived the book I was reading.
Holly-Rosee
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-06-2009, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by madmare View Post
Ok now Shady has had enough of being called a common old crossbreed (Rottie x GSD), She wants to be a special designer breed at least for a day, if all these other common crossbreeds can be all the time.
So suggestions for her new designer breed name please, just to keep her happy as to me she will always be my faithful special crossbreed.

i think " ROTTSATIAN " sounds really posh
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 09:19 PM
Originally Posted by Holly-Rosee View Post
i think " ROTTSATIAN " sounds really posh
I like it!! I'd pay alot of money for one of those ;o)
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 09:20 PM
Im really not into the DD thing, I dont really see the need for them, Never understood the price tag that goes hand in hand with them,

bint round here means slag..
Page 4 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 > Last »