View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 06:45 PM
A bint is just a term for a woman around here. Haven't heard it for some years though but wouldn't have thought it was derogatory. The same as "blokes" instead of men. No biggie
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 06:45 PM
yep springadors been about for a long time, and do make good working dogs, seen a few on shoots
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

16-06-2009, 06:50 PM
Originally Posted by Razcox View Post
Here bint means a bit of a numpty with a dash of jerk
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post

bint [ bint ] (plural bints)

noun

Definition:

U.K. an offensive term for a girl or woman ( slang )

Here and in Liverpool esp, it's derogatory (sp) for old woman....ie old Bint

Can't see it myself either Steph!!!

Elaine xx
As above, I understood it to be a derogatory term for a bit of a air head.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
As above, I understood it to be a derogatory term for a bit of a air head.
We'll take your word for it then
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 06:56 PM
What Cheeky said re: bint, it's no biggey and was hubby's term anyway so take it up with him ;o)

Cockerpoos, labradoodles, springadors, speagles. You hear about them everywhere and most are crosses being sold for a premium.
greyhoundk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:03 PM
Yep its really just a tarted up name for crossbreed isn't it - maybe a good thing for working dogs, getting the positive bits of each breed (but also any negatives i guess) but not so sure about pets ? haven't ever seen any myself although i do have a friend that has a goldendoodle, not seen her though but friend says she is a bit of a nutter !
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Does anyone know if any Labrador cross poodles have been used for working, as I have been thinking about this cross and think that in the right hands, if both parents were good gun dogs then the pups might have a good chance of being good workers but I'm not sure and wondered if anyone knew if this has been tried?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:06 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
What Cheeky said re: bint, it's no biggey and was hubby's term anyway so take it up with him ;o)

Cockerpoos, labradoodles, springadors, speagles. You hear about them everywhere and most are crosses being sold for a premium.
As far as these crosses go in the working world, I have no idea but presumably mixing two breeds has advantages, maybe???? But they can just call them by their breed names, ie Springer x Labrador, then it wouldn't be quite so annoying.

As for the ones you see advertised like Chug (Chi x Pug), Pomchi................the list is endless, I think they are just saying it so that they can add a few hundred pounds to the price tag when basically the dog is a mongrel. Nothing wrong with that but no need to charge £500 for a fancy name
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:17 PM
Every other dog here is a 'Doodle' of some sort. Cockerpoos/Labradoodles/Goldendoodles/Yorkiepoo's...I even met a little (so the woman called him...) "Shih-Doodle" yesterday. So yeah, I'd say the trend is still going strong.
Skyesmum
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-06-2009, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post

Make your mind up Pidge, you've either heard of springadors or you haven't In your first post you make it sound as though you don't..........then this one you say you hear about them everywhere

Jann
Page 2 of 30 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »