Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RiverWild!
Dogsey Junior
Female 

15-06-2009, 03:53 PM

Our first obedience comp!

Me and my gang had our first ever obed com on sunday, I woke up feeling very nervous and even phoned my mum to see if she would come with me for moral support and bless her she did!
We got to the woodbridge show and set up the cages then I went to book in, I was so nervous I asked what I was to do etc and found my ring, my flat coat was 7th in the ring, there was so much going on around all she wanted to do was to watch all the dumbells flying around and there and then I gave it up as a lost cause, thinking she would be running havoc all over the place. But in we went and although she did not do her normal lovely heelwork and finishes I was so chuffed SHE STAYED IN THE RING!!!!!!!!
Stays where at half 10 my only disappointment of the day was that I was unaware that the stays where in a different ring so I missed them, I did get to some later for the beginners class and she was rock steady.
I also entered my oldest collie just for fun he is nearly 9 and he have a fab time in the ring lost lots of points but he didn't care he though he was the bees knees.
All in all we didn't get anything but we had fun and now I know my flattie wont run out of the ring, we are looking forward to newmarket next week and we wont miss the stays!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
talassie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Glad it went so well for you. There are lots of things to remember but you will be an old hand soon. We started off with exemption shows when we began (now called companion shows I believe) as they are much more casual and I think I will try Tala in one first because she may well run out to say hello to everyone.
Good luck. We may see you at a show some day.