Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
You are twisting things Joedee and you know you are.
The fact is that when she started she didn't appreciate how much material she was going to get. She didn't appreicate JUST how poor breeding is in a lot of breeds and got much more footage than she could ever use in an hour.
She hasn't been lying by omission. She showed a CKCS winning a big show, depsite the fact it had a hereditary condition AND the owner was breeding from it.
The facts of the programme speak for themselves Joedee. They are there, she hasn't lied. There is some exceptionally bad breeding going on....and there has been for years. Yes, there is good stuff too...but she is trying to sort out the bad.
I do worry at people's knee jerk 'how dare she' reaction.
She is a dog lover first and foremost and she made an excellent programme that has finally made the kC sit up and take notice. Hoorah for that I say.
All hail Saint Jemima who imports rescue dogs to rehome here in mainland UK taking homes from dogs already here That's ready being a dog lover !

I do hope you are lighting candles to her statue, beatification must surely be just round the corner.

This woman has admitted that she edited the program to be sensational, she has admitted cutting the health testing schemes out of the program to make more impact. She has admitted that she is/was out to"get"the KC.

She has claimed that she got Pedigree to withdraw from Crufts-er no Mars Corp(they own Pedigree)withdrew all support by the brand from all shows outside the USA to change the target market & highlight their"good work"with rescues & "pet"dogs. The Brand is not highly regarded by "serious"dog people & a brand popular with the GP because of the false claims that the BIS @ Crufts is fed it( Pedigree coined the false title "Cufts Supreme"Champion-the BIS at Crufts isn't always a Champion & the only Championships at Crufts are the Obedience ones)

Now that the manufacturers of quality dog foods are supporting the people who really do feed their foods with publicity it was getting harder for Pedigree to make their winning showdog claims. I was with Wendy Streatfield when Callaghan went BIS & the man from Pedigree came round to sign her up for the TV adverts. Bad move Wendy at that time was the sole importer of Royal Canin(now also owned by Mars) & despite a hefty cheque being offered, the Pedigree rep went away empty handed. That was the first year that they didn't claim that the BIS was fed on Chum !

Oddly enough Royal Canin, JWB, & all the other Mars Corp brands were at Crufts !

Continue your hero worship of JH, I wonder what disguise she was wearing or what she was concealed in as she was "in cognito"(With one's identity disguised or concealed). the mind boggles
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:00 AM
She has claimed that she got Pedigree to withdraw from Crufts-er no Mars Corp(they own Pedigree)withdrew all support by the brand from all shows outside the USA to change the target market & highlight their"good work"with rescues & "pet"dogs. The Brand is not highly regarded by "serious"dog people & a brand popular with the GP because of the false claims that the BIS @ Crufts is fed it( Pedigree coined the false title "Cufts Supreme"Champion-the BIS at Crufts isn't always a Champion & the only Championships at Crufts are the Obedience ones)
And the "Pedigree adoption drive" money goes to The Kennel Club charitable trust! Not the place to send your cash if you disagree with them is it?!!
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 12:28 AM
Originally Posted by Borderdawn View Post
And the "Pedigree adoption drive" money goes to The Kennel Club charitable trust! Not the place to send your cash if you disagree with them is it?!!

ROFLMAO
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2009, 08:42 AM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
All hail Saint Jemima who imports rescue dogs to rehome here in mainland UK taking homes from dogs already here That's ready being a dog lover !

I do hope you are lighting candles to her statue, beatification must surely be just round the corner.

This woman has admitted that she edited the program to be sensational, she has admitted cutting the health testing schemes out of the program to make more impact. She has admitted that she is/was out to"get"the KC.

Now that the manufacturers of quality dog foods are supporting the people who really do feed their foods with publicity it was getting harder for Pedigree to make their winning showdog claims. I was with Wendy Streatfield when Callaghan went BIS & the man from Pedigree came round to sign her up for the TV adverts. Bad move Wendy at that time was the sole importer of Royal Canin(now also owned by Mars) & despite a hefty cheque being offered, the Pedigree rep went away empty handed. That was the first year that they didn't claim that the BIS was fed on Chum !

Oddly enough Royal Canin, JWB, & all the other Mars Corp brands were at Crufts !

Continue your hero worship of JH, I wonder what disguise she was wearing or what she was concealed in as she was "in cognito"(With one's identity disguised or concealed). the mind boggles
Excellent post..

INCOGNITO I had to smile at that when I read her article.

Funny really , for someone who is supposedly so proud of her work, one would expect her to advertise herself as the one true cause .

Not sneak around listening in on peoples conversations to gain "quotes" for her next publication...
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 08:45 AM
Incognito I am imagining meant not part of the press...
Beverley Cuddy was refused a press pass..as were all her staff.....
I wouldn't have thought many people on the doors know what Jemima looks like anyway so I'm sure there were no disguises needed.
Joedee you are very bitter. Do you really think there are no problems in pedigree dogs?
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

09-03-2009, 08:57 AM
I wouldn't have thought many people on the doors know what Jemima looks like anyway so I'm sure there were no disguises needed.
Joedee you are very bitter. Do you really think there are no problems in pedigree dogs?
INCOGNITO.........

having one's identity concealed, as under an assumed name, esp. to avoid notice or formal attentions

the real identity concealed: to travel incognito
with o.

Considering the term Incognito was Jemima's own!! , and her being a journalist, I am sure she wrote exactly what she meant...
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 09:03 AM
How does this woman manage to work and take her dogs out every day for 20 miles on Salisbury plain?
Loki's mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 09:05 AM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
I saw many dogs(including my own) flat out asleep exactly as they would be at home! I'm sure some dogs may get excited but think that most at Crufts are seasoned campaigners who are quite happy to chill on the bench until they get their chance to shine!
Absolutely. The dogs may look bored crashed our on their benches, but it's what they are trained to do. They get to the show they chill out. I did see one or two dogs that seemed stressed in the ring, but that's lierally one or two out of the thousands I watched. And there will always be the minority that put themselves before their dogs, hence the bad breeders that the programme was about.
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 10:04 AM
Id hope nobody was so naive as to believe that Ailsa.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-03-2009, 10:19 AM
?

Jeez I may be green, but I'm not a cabbage. Me bitter nope & neither is Joedee, who at this time is laid upside now snoring across my feet-Joedee is well aware that there are health problems in all dogs not just pedigree dogs registered with the KC as he is a Cavalier & has symptomatic SM(Although that program has sparked 1,000s of adverts from puppy farmers/pet breeders/BYB proudly stating the pedigree dogs they breed are healthy & unaffected because they are NOT KC registered as only KC registered dogs are unhealthy)

JH isn't on main stream TV as a presenter, because obviously no company has considered her talented enough to employ as such.

Methinks that it is you who has the problem, with some breeds & their breeders. Maybe you should train your KC registered Flatcoats as your profile states you haven't yet, maybe that's why you have the problem-my dogs(including the very unhealthy Cavaliers & riddled & crippled with genetic disorders BCs)are trained !

BTW all my BCs are fully DNA tested & halfway through their clinical testing
Page 6 of 28 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 16 > Last »