View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-03-2009, 07:06 AM
I have worked at a vets for 14 years and have never heard of a dog having to have its tonsils removed
moetmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2009, 09:15 AM
Originally Posted by Netpon View Post
I have worked at a vets for 14 years and have never heard of a dog having to have its tonsils removed
My first dog a crossbred who came fom the RSPCA was very poorly with tonsilitis, they weren'[t removed but he was very ill.
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2009, 09:38 AM
I had not heard of it either BUT I do know thats what Danny had done.
Bert comes to my ringcraft classes weekly and I know Danny well. He had a constant throat infection for over 8months and had been treated with antibiotics frequently. Vets advice was to remove tonsils
He obviously decided to take the Vets advice as Danny was miserable and vomiting a lot when his tonsils became inflammed
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

12-03-2009, 10:24 AM
Originally Posted by crestnut View Post
I had not heard of it either BUT I do know thats what Danny had done.
Bert comes to my ringcraft classes weekly and I know Danny well. He had a constant throat infection for over 8months and had been treated with antibiotics frequently. Vets advice was to remove tonsils
He obviously decided to take the Vets advice as Danny was miserable and vomiting a lot when his tonsils became inflammed
Nor me, but my guess is , if you have tonsils, you can get tonsillitis and inflammation of the throat
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-03-2009, 11:26 AM
QUOTE: PDE hardly made a splash when shown here QUOTE :

Well it certainly made a BIG splash here in fact a cascading waterfall would be a more apt description.

Perhaps it is justified to say that because a lot more dogs in the UK are shown that this is another cultural differnce and the Head Vet of the RSPCA stated ALL " Show" dogs are mutants , so can you blame people who show their dogs from reacting to this!!!!! I don't as it is to me a very sweeping statement .
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-03-2009, 02:21 PM
But lets be honest, the RSPCA are all talk and no action
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

12-03-2009, 02:51 PM
But lets be honest, the RSPCA are all talk and no action

Agreed but, a lot of the GP are not aware of that, and could well have taken this as gospel . I am only pointing out why in my opinion there was more of a reaction in the UK than from Canada , in response to the end of RL Post 269.
crestnut
Dogsey Senior
Female 

12-03-2009, 03:36 PM
Originally Posted by lovezois View Post
QUOTE: PDE hardly made a splash when shown here QUOTE :

Well it certainly made a BIG splash here in fact a cascading waterfall would be a more apt description.

Perhaps it is justified to say that because a lot more dogs in the UK are shown that this is another cultural differnce and the Head Vet of the RSPCA stated ALL " Show" dogs are mutants , so can you blame people who show their dogs from reacting to this!!!!! I don't as it is to me a very sweeping statement .
Totally agree You just have to read puppy adverts to see how the Public will be getting more conned into buying from BYB and Puppyfarmers. Most adverts state Not KC Reg so healthy pups !!!!!or similiar wording used
A large percentage of the GP do not attend Dog Shows so they can only go by the info gained from that programme.
If the Boxer and Cavalier's breeding had been mentioned it would not have been so bad, but GP automatically presume these were bred by Show Breeders
saffys mum
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-03-2009, 05:37 PM
i was there on friday and if i had to go to toilet i would ask one of the other lhasa owner to keep an eye on my two girls which they gladly did but also i was maybe talking to somebody in the next lane but still keeping an eye on my two and when i did go for a walk around saffie and jazzie came to and they are very happy in there cages they are used to them they also sleep in theres at home when i shout out pee pees they dash to front door then i let them out get there biscuits and let them back in saffie in ours like a flash waiting for her biscuit jazzie also wiat till mum gets 1st then she goes into her cage and gets her bicci.
going back to crufts i heard 1 call for somebody to go back to there dog i was ther from 07.00 till 19.00 and that was the only one i heard and did not see any dogs on there own.and to make my day my girls got 2nd in there classes proud mum
Page 28 of 28 « First < 18 25 26 27 28