Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I think that some of the show/breeders out there need to get their heads in gear and start putting health and temperament before what they consider to be the "perfect example of the breed." A perfect example is a healthy dog, not a dog that has difficulty breathing/walking or anything else!
I think as you say, a perfect example is a healthy dog... x
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:13 PM
I found the article an example of what she does best - self promotion.
I was at crufts (did anyone not know that ) and never heard anyone mention the PDE programme, everyone seemed more interested in watching the dogs and enjoying the event. How fortunate for JH to be in the right place at the right time to hear all these comments.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:13 PM
I do think the comment about the dogs looking bored and the smell of urine were pretty pedantic. Not necessary really but I suppose that's all part of writing "setting the scene" and all that
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:15 PM
I can see both sides.....however - I never believed how pleased I could be that the BBC pulled out - the coverage has never been better - the live stream was fantastic and it was great to be able to watch all the HtM and Agilty (even if my friends hubby was E'd!)

Hopefully the breeds that need to will stay under the spotlight long enough for it to help...but I am not sure, maybe we need to go about educating the next generation more, many older breeders seem to be of the 'it ain't broke' mentality.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:16 PM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
BORED OR CONTENT AND RELAXED?
Some looked content and relaxed. Some looked bored.
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
I think as you say, a perfect example is a healthy dog... x
Couldn't agree more.
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
I found the article an example of what she does best - self promotion.
I was at crufts (did anyone not know that ) and never heard anyone mention the PDE programme, everyone seemed more interested in watching the dogs and enjoying the event. How fortunate for JH to be in the right place at the right time to hear all these comments.
I don't think she is into self promotion.If she was into self promotion she would be an upfront news reporter, instead she is a producer of programmes and runs a production company. She made a programme about something that is very close to her heart.

As I asked Joedee...did she lie in the programme?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:17 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
I do think the comment about the dogs looking bored and the smell of urine were pretty pedantic. Not necessary really but I suppose that's all part of writing "setting the scene" and all that
It really does stink of pee though.
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:19 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
It really does stink of pee though.

I'm sure it does but it's a bit of a case of too much information. If it didn't stink of pee with all those dogs in there, then there would be a problem.........
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:21 PM
It was a typical "journo" article, but delivered a very valid and poignant message. Good on her, long may the fight continue and as one comment suggests, let's hope she takes on the puppy farms next!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:24 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
Some looked content and relaxed. Some looked bored.

MMMM....not sure how you tell the difference!To me a relaxed/bored/content dog would all look pretty similar?
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:32 PM
Originally Posted by Archer View Post
MMMM....not sure how you tell the difference!To me a relaxed/bored/content dog would all look pretty similar?
Ah...so how can you tell the difference?
I definitely saw bored dogs...barking for attention, up and moving, paniting through stress etc. Not a criticism, just an observation. You can't say all those benched dogs were just 'happy and content' some of them weren't.
Page 2 of 28 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »