Female 

08-03-2009, 04:33 PM

Jemima Harrison latest on Crufts

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle5864228.ece
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 04:57 PM
what the hell does that woman expect...that the whole look of a breed will change in under a year?

that suddenly the dogs with lots of skin will not have it...?

going on about stench

It’s not the acrid aroma from the splashes of urine pooling by the rows of benches where hundreds of bored-looking dogs doze
poss the best thing for all would be to ignore this woman, stop giving her the reaction she wants... I think she may find by next year....shes old news...people will be like " jemima who" cant come soon enough for me,.
Netpon
Dogsey Junior
Female 

08-03-2009, 05:13 PM
In her defense I think she was saying that the KC had promised changes 20 years ago and still things are the same. There is a vid on youtube from 20 years ago with KC reps saying they were changing the breed standards to reduce the over exaggerated traits
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Originally Posted by Netpon View Post
In her defense I think she was saying that the KC had promised changes 20 years ago and still things are the same. There is a vid on youtube from 20 years ago with KC reps saying they were changing the breed standards to reduce the over exaggerated traits
That's more or less the vision I got from her article.

I think she has raised several important points regarding issues that must be changed and, of course, it isn't going to change any time soon, it's going to take years.

It's about time the KC changed breed standards to ensure that all breeds are healthier in years to come.

I'm disgusted at the look of some breeds, Bassett Hounds included, and felt physically sick when I had a look at them at Crufts. I actually felt like bursting in to tears there and then and had to try my hardest not to. Poor animals.

A lot of breeds are healthy and are fine, but obvously some aren't and are in need of change and it's up to the KC to determine the changes.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 05:34 PM
Well from an Obedience point of view I would like to thank the BBC for ending their almost non-existent coverage of Obedience presented by the irritating Dr Jessica Holm, who knows b*gg*r all about obedience & allowing me to watch all the Obedience from Hall 5-every single round at my leisure whilst also being able to watch the Arena events live

More please next year & "Who the h*ll is Jemima Harrison anyway ?"
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 05:48 PM
I for one like and admire Jemima.
She is dedicated to trying to help dogs...I don't see why she gets so much hassle for that.
She has acted as a catalyst to the long overdue changes within the KC that have been happening over the last few months. Brilliant.
I also admire the fact that she is heavily involved in rescue.

The article says nothing that isn't true. It's all true. It does stink of pee a lot of dogs do look bored. Most of the dogs there will live long and happy lives (she says that) but some of the dogs are still suffering. There is also an air of defiance everywhere about her and her programme...a 'how very dare she criticise us'. Instead of people listening/reading. She isn't criticising everyone...she doesn't criticise every breeder, every dog, every show. She criticise the ill dogs that can't walk properly or that are winning high profile shows, despite being riddled with health problems. Good on her.
JoedeeUK
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 05:57 PM
She has admitted publicly to deliberately omitting any details of health schemes & research etc from the program to ensure the program had more"impact"

Which in my eyes makes are a journalist with no morals at all.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by JoedeeUK View Post
She has admitted publicly to deliberately omitting any details of health schemes & research etc from the program to ensure the program had more"impact"

Which in my eyes makes are a journalist with no morals at all.
But the breeds she spoke of in the programme do have real problems don't they? Did she lie Joedee or did she tell the truth about some breeds of pedogree dog?
CheekyChihuahua
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:03 PM
I think the report was very balanced. Jemima has highlighted the problems and I don't think that is a bad thing.

The comment about the KC banning registration of inbreeding made me smile. The KC shouldn't even need to do this - who the heck would mate dogs that closely related! ? !

I think that some of the show/breeders out there need to get their heads in gear and start putting health and temperament before what they consider to be the "perfect example of the breed." A perfect example is a healthy dog, not a dog that has difficulty breathing/walking or anything else!
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

08-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Originally Posted by Ramble View Post
=.

The article says nothing that isn't true. It's all true. It does stink of pee a lot of dogs do look bored.

BORED OR CONTENT AND RELAXED?
Page 1 of 28 1 2 3 4 11 > Last »