Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 12:29 PM

Rottweiler Rambles - Part One Longlands Lake

Saying I am lucky to live in such a wonderful part of the country, I thought it would be fun to start a blog page of our walks and the sites we see along the way. Hope you enjoy them.

I decided we would go to Longlands Lake today, I am embarrassed to say it is the first time I have been here & it is only a 1 1/2hr round trip walk so really I have no excuse! (well I guess a small one, I only moved here in mid October!)

We set off at 9.30am, weather quite mild but overcast - dog very excited and casting a lot! Here is a view from the footpath, it is part of the Coast To Coast Walk that runs the length of the country...

I love the clouds forming this way with glints of sunshine streaming through, it is hard to not feel more at one with nature on a day like today.

There are a million sniffs to snuffle at and I haven't got to them yet! Come on Mum ....

I SAID come on!!

The River Ehen, looks very cold and murky today.

Ozzy took the wimps way over.

The view was beautiful, what a gorgeous place to walk in - I can't believe I haven't been before now. This is definately a place we will visit again.

I love wildlife, the other day on a walk I saw my very first fox and I was thrilled (didn't have camera with me worse luck!) Nothing that exciting today, but these swans were beautiful and I risked life and limb taking it as the Daddy wasn't too pleased me being near his still growing cygnet, he was hissing at me big style!

The sky is breathtaking, on some pics you can make out the houses overlooking the lake....maybe one day with a lottery win, one can always dream.

Taking a break...

Decisions, decisions

The one thing about Cumbria is that local people are very friendly. You simply cannot go for a walk and pass people by and not chat, be warned though some can out-talk the Irish and don't need the blarney-stone! I do love this trait though, you never feel lonely because of it.

I chatted to a few folk today, I met this guy on the way around the Lake, his name is Dave. I thought the shot looked nice and asked his permission to take a pic, we ended up chatting for quite a while. He tells me there are Rainbow Trout and Pike in the Lake and he came here
today as his wife is off Christmas shopping in Carlisle! He was lovely, he loved Ozzy and said he was handsome so he must be okay! I guess I must be an oddity as a female because I'd rather do what he was doing than be out shopping in Carlisle!

While he was chatting to me his mate Bill caught one, but Dave told me they don't use barbs and just put them back in the water. They do it just for the fun of it and don't keep any, they like the banter and the competitive side to how many they can catch. What a nice way to while away the hours huh?

Well you can have Bird Table why not a Rottie Table? He was watching two spaniels playing in the water here, just look at that concentration on his face!

We head off back home now. Ozzy head down, nose to the ground and bumbling off in front as usual.
This is the way home and a long needed coffee break! Hope you can join us for our next walk.
IanTaylor
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

28-11-2006, 12:32 PM
Great blog.. and fantastic pics.. looks like a nice walk. And Ozzie, as always looks fantastic
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

28-11-2006, 12:42 PM
wonderful walk and pics, The gorgeous Ozzy looks like he wanted to join the spaniels in the water.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

28-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Great Blog Great pics beautiful scenery. I love that part of Cumbria and then to top it all the handsome Ozzie what more could we ask for
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 03:01 PM
fantastic !!!

so jealous of that walk though - and of the gorgeous Ozzy - a very regal looking pose on that table !!!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 03:44 PM
Absolutely beautiful Anne-Marie and you're certainly not alone with preferring to walk the dog than go Xmas shopping...it must be a Cumbrian girl thing!
Azz
Administrator
Male 

28-11-2006, 06:12 PM
Wow it looks awesome!! Thanks for taking all those pics, I really enjoyed looking at them... and as usual, Ozzy is looking as stunning as ever
wufflehoond
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 07:29 PM
Great blog and lovely pics, Cumbria is so beautiful and the big fella looks great as always!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 08:18 PM
Brilliant blog - Ozzy looks great and the photos are fab. I love Cumbria, but then I would ... I 'm a Cumbrian too
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-11-2006, 08:22 PM
Thats was a good read, Ozzy looks lovely as usual and it looked a great walk. I'm very envious of you, you are very lucky to live in one of our most beautiful part of the country.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >