View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

01-10-2008, 05:05 PM
[QUOTE=Shona;1496231]Patch always did her bit of breeder bashing {in the past.. she has warmed slightly to us a bit more now} I never really minded.. because patch always took on the rescue dogs no one else could or would take.. but PW its a bit of a bitter pill to suck from you.. given you have the cream of the pedigree dogs from rescue in your home..[/QUOTE]

Well said Shona..... I was thinking the same but had to get the dog's their dinner and by the time I came back you had already posted this.
spot
Dogsey Veteran

01-10-2008, 05:26 PM
Originally Posted by Paddywack View Post
It would at the very least be a start. Making excuses not to sign up imo is very wrong.
Too true
Originally Posted by Shona View Post
Patch always did her bit of breeder bashing {in the past.. she has warmed slightly to us a bit more now} I never really minded.. because patch always took on the rescue dogs no one else could or would take.. but PW its a bit of a bitter pill to suck from you.. given you have the cream of the pedigree dogs from rescue in your home..
So let me get this right, Patch takes on dogs she knows she can handle and work with and will fit in with her lifestyle, so we should all take on rescues that no one else could take and are to be damned if we dont? Well sorry but for me I take on the rescues I also know will fit in with my life and that I can work with - sorry if I dont fit your bill of what someone who rescues should be doing but I happen to think you should do whats right for the dogs involved regardless of pedigree or not.

Those of us who rescue pedigrees because they will fit our lifestyle are in the wrong - so no pedigrees should be rescued only cross breeds?

Originally Posted by Jackbox View Post
Exactly, one wonders how someone who has such strong convictions against pedigree, would go against her own principles by rescuing them....

With so may Xbreeds in rescue, you would expect these would be the ones to be your first priority.

As shone says.... you preach one thing, and practice another!!!!!!!
Well so do I then to a certain extent, just wonder what would happen to all those pedigree's in my breed if those that breed start telling us we are only allowed to take cross breeds whether they are right for us or not.
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 05:33 PM
Those of us who rescue pedigrees because they will fit our lifestyle are in the wrong
so pedigree dogs fit into people lifestyle better than x breeds?

yet PW would love to see people stopping breeding.. where does that leave people wanting dogs in there life...

FWIW.. yes sometimes a pedigree will fit in.. sometimes a x breed will,. but PW does have I think 7 pedigree dog..0 x breed dogs... even the rescue cat is a pedigree.. I just find it strange someone so down on pedigrees.. couldnt find one cross breed to fit there requirements
spot
Dogsey Veteran

01-10-2008, 05:36 PM
so pedigree dogs fit into people lifestyle better than x breeds?

No your quite right I shall dump my pedigrees back where they came from then in rescue, pity the breeders wouldnt take them back in the first place really.

Why is a xbreed in rescue more deserving a life over a pedigree?
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 05:38 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post
No your quite right I shall dump my pedigrees back where they came from then in rescue, pity the breeders wouldnt take them back in the first place really.

It wasnt about you and your dogs It was in ref to PW
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 05:41 PM
Well it is cheaper to get a pedigree dog from a rescue than a breeder? so maybe some people like the idea of having pedigrees, but dont want to spend the money buying one from a breeder, even though said breeder may have done all the health checks required and is producing healthy dogs, that they will take back should any problems arise?

Mo
spot
Dogsey Veteran

01-10-2008, 05:47 PM
It wasnt about you and your dogs It was in ref to PW
Oh so it was personal? So its just one person who takes pedigree rescue dogs thats bad? Not sure I see the difference quite frankly.

Originally Posted by mo View Post
Well it is cheaper to get a pedigree dog from a rescue than a breeder? so maybe some people like the idea of having pedigrees, but dont want to spend the money buying one from a breeder, even though said breeder may have done all the health checks required and is producing healthy dogs, that they will take back should any problems arise?

Mo
Yep they were dirt cheap thats just why I wanted them - Im one of the cheapskates.

My pedigrees - actually dont need health checks but were bred by what is considered a respected breeder, bred with breeding them to the best standard they can. So why is my dog any less deserving of rescue?
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-10-2008, 05:56 PM
My pedigrees - actually dont need health checks but were bred by what is considered a respected breeder, bred with breeding them to the best standard they can. So why is my dog any less deserving of rescue?[/QUOTE]

just6 curious, if the breeder was so respected and such a good breeder? why did the dog have to be rescued by you?
surely the breeder would have taken it back?

mo
spot
Dogsey Veteran

01-10-2008, 06:12 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
My pedigrees - actually dont need health checks but were bred by what is considered a respected breeder, bred with breeding them to the best standard they can. So why is my dog any less deserving of rescue?
just6 curious, if the breeder was so respected and such a good breeder? why did the dog have to be rescued by you?
surely the breeder would have taken it back?

mo[/QUOTE]

nope the breeders of both my pedigrees and numerous ones that I have fostered would not take them back - in my breed its not necessary to be a good breeder to always take them back. Still does not answer the questions though.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

01-10-2008, 06:15 PM
Originally Posted by spot View Post

As Shona says Spot she and I were both referring to PW and not to you. but just for the record Spot, In Brozois I know of a few cases where the dog was taken into rescue and re-homed and the breeder was not even contacted to ask if they would have the dog back and was not aware that a borzoi of their breeding was in rescue so it is not always that they refused to have them back but that they were not given the opportunity .
Page 52 of 65 « First < 2 42 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 62 > Last »