Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2023, 07:30 AM

Trying Thursday 6th April 2023

Well morning all. So far this morning we have had two mini power cuts. I just hope it doesn't happen again as it gives me the willies as I am never sure if it is me or this flat or the rest of Lancing. Anyway it is wet out so not been for a wander yet but it is supposed to clear up later. Have a good day peeps. Kelly sorry to hear your op has been cancelled, not good for you. Hope they reschedule very soon.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

06-04-2023, 08:40 AM
Morning brenda and all to follow.
Wet wet wet here.
Got woken at around 3.20 this morning cats fighting my word did they make a racket, if either of them went home uninjured I would be surprised.
I like cats I have owned them in the past but I do not miss having to get out of bed to save one of my cats from a marauding un-neutered tom cat.

Awww griff sorry the op has been cancelled, hope it is re-scheduled very soon.
Sue if you're busy today doing home stuff I hope Barry asks if you would like a cuppa.
Chris glad you got the hair appointment booked.
I need to book a hair cut too.
brenda I hope the power cuts stop and you get better weather later for a wander.
Kazz hope all is well with you.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2023, 09:22 AM
Thanks Lynn. I have been for a wander and also popped into the charity shop to return books and get some more for the weekend as they say the weather is going to be good so I may even get to sit out the back. Sun is supposed to come out later.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2023, 09:45 AM
Good morning Brenda and LYnn

Pleased you have managed to get a walk in Brenda

Hope you manage to have a rest today Lynn and don' get a reapeat tonight.

Very damp here first thing so went to Wickes to get the sand for the block paving. Just have to wait for it all to dry up before brushing it in. Got back and it was dry enough to have a wander with Teazle. Housework done today as tomorrow I want to clean the outside windows having got them dirty yesterday and also have a hair appointment in the afternoon.

Take care everyone
griff
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2023, 09:55 AM
Morning all
Brenda,
https://www.ukpowernetworks.co.uk/power-cut
That website would let you know if it's an outage. I would imagine at the minimum it's the whole block, not just your actual flat
Sue, at least with your hair appointment, you will have to sit still for 5 minutes
Lynn, Dex came home a few times with claws embedded in his head which resulted in trips to the vet
Tesco coming this afternoon so will be hanging around until after then
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2023, 09:59 AM
I actually had a phone call from them saying about an outage. No idea who they were but yep the shop from where I get the books had a power outage to. Thanks for the link. I have been doing my scrabble game again and these two words came up: Vireo and Spence. Tesco, hm not happy with them as they are putting their price up to £50 spend and if not spent a £5 charge from May. Means that I will now do my shopping fortnightly instead of 10 days. Bit of a pain when I like fresh veg and the worry of it going off in a short space of time.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-04-2023, 11:49 AM
Good afternoon all.

Car for our outing this morning as it kept piddling it down with rain. Rosie is not impressed by her short, wet walk around the green

Have to take Gary to the dentists again this afternoon to have his crown re-fitted after it fell out. They will be putting a post in today to hold it.

A shame though as it looks like it might clear up later and usually we would have gone out again this afternoon.