Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 07:31 PM

Back packs

I'm looking to buy our husky a back pack that also doubles as a harness. I've seen the ruffwear one and it looks wonderful, but can't fork out the money for one of those. The outward hound excursion backpack looks decent enough and seems to double as a harness as well.

Does anyone know of other backpacks that double as a harness for walking?

Recommendations on where to buy online would be much appreciated please.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 08:53 PM
The Three Peaks one is very similar to the ruffwear one. Pets at home seem to be discontinuing them though so they are on sale
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-03-2011, 09:08 PM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
The Three Peaks one is very similar to the ruffwear one. Pets at home seem to be discontinuing them though so they are on sale
We tried those on, they are WAY too big for our husky lad. The staff also told us that there a few dogs that the back pack actually fits properly. It says one size fits all, but not a chance. I'm hoping that PAH are gonna bring them out in diff sizes, but who knows.
wallaroo
Almost a Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 07:50 AM
Thats a shame. I looked at them for Toby and was disappointed they only came in one size too. Thought you might be ok with having a bigger dog, what breed did they measure to make those then!
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 08:17 AM
Originally Posted by wallaroo View Post
Thats a shame. I looked at them for Toby and was disappointed they only came in one size too. Thought you might be ok with having a bigger dog, what breed did they measure to make those then!
I know! The dog would have to be huge for them to fit properly. Shame, cos they are a class back pack otherwise.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 08:34 AM
I have an Outward Hound one, but even though it has a handle, it does not double as a harness. I use a front clip harness on Oliver, so It works for us.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 08:39 AM
I have Ruffwear harnesses, they are pricey but IMO totally worth the money, they will last a long time! They still look brand new, they wash in the washing machine, and they achieve the original purpose of me buying them, which is to keep Casper secure, as he can wiggle out of normal harnesses.
If you can't find anything else then I think you will at least find the Ruffwear ones are worth what you pay. Maybe have a shop around online to see if you can find any stockists of them that are having a sale or have a discount code you can use?
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 01:42 PM
Flint has an ezydog backpack, check out the ezydog website
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-03-2011, 03:55 PM
Originally Posted by Sara'n'Scout View Post
I have an Outward Hound one, but even though it has a handle, it does not double as a harness. I use a front clip harness on Oliver, so It works for us.
I've seen some descriptions of the outward hound excursion backpack saying it has a d ring to clip the lead to. Is it the excursion one you have?

Originally Posted by krlyr View Post
I have Ruffwear harnesses, they are pricey but IMO totally worth the money, they will last a long time! They still look brand new, they wash in the washing machine, and they achieve the original purpose of me buying them, which is to keep Casper secure, as he can wiggle out of normal harnesses.
If you can't find anything else then I think you will at least find the Ruffwear ones are worth what you pay. Maybe have a shop around online to see if you can find any stockists of them that are having a sale or have a discount code you can use?
I have a ruffwear harness and it is brilliant. But at the moment the budget won't stretch to their back pack prices. But if it ever does, I'd get one of these.

Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
Flint has an ezydog backpack, check out the ezydog website
I had an ezydog harness in the past and wasn't impressed. It kept sliding to one side or the other on the dog no matter what way I adjusted it, so I'm warey of buying one of their backpacks, but will look at them again, thanks.
Evie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2011, 12:03 PM
I've just ordered the Excursion back pack from an american seller on ebay. Fingers crossed the D ring is capable of holding up to a strong pulling husky.

Still covetting the Rough wear backpack, but we'll see how this one holds up.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >