Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-08-2010, 01:32 PM
We train at Vogrie some nights, and we go down to Lauder
Crichton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-08-2010, 02:06 PM
SKC organise a training day at Vogrie once a month, no formal trainers but we all help each other out.

We are also arranging another monthly training session for tracking.

If you look up the working trials website you will get my email address under Society contacts or if you pm Helen (Jonesy) she will give you details.

June
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 05:55 PM
Thanks for your help Jonesy and Crichton.
basky
Dogsey Junior
Female 

17-10-2010, 06:50 AM
hi moobli have you considered schutzhund? there is a club in scotland (not sure exactly where). schutzhund covers tracking, protection and obedience.
calseoni
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Hi Crichton, Crichton was my maiden name. lol Can you tell me where training etc there is near Biggar South Lanarkshire. thanks in advance.
one.eyed.dog
Dogsey Senior
Female 

16-11-2010, 01:31 PM
Originally Posted by Crichton View Post
The best way to find people for working trials training is to join your local society which can be found on the working trials webiste or through the Kennel Club.

Societies often hosting training days whther formal or informal and may be able to put you in touch with people in your area.

Where are you based?

June
Are there any in Cheshire. I have a 5 year old GWP I think might enjoy doing that. She has a brilliant nose.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Originally Posted by basky View Post
hi moobli have you considered schutzhund? there is a club in scotland (not sure exactly where). schutzhund covers tracking, protection and obedience.
Hi Basky - I would love to have a go at Schutzhund, but unfortunately my nearest club is Stirling and, just at the moment, that is too far to travel as I have so many other things to do.
Crichton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2010, 07:19 PM
Originally Posted by calseoni View Post
Hi Crichton, Crichton was my maiden name. lol Can you tell me where training etc there is near Biggar South Lanarkshire. thanks in advance.
Unfortunately there are not a lot of working trials training clubs around and the nearest to Biggar would probably still be Vogrie.

Scottish Working Trials Society do have a committee member in that area but we wouldn't give out their information unless you joined as a member
Crichton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

16-11-2010, 07:22 PM
Originally Posted by one.eyed.dog View Post
Are there any in Cheshire. I have a 5 year old GWP I think might enjoy doing that. She has a brilliant nose.
I think North West Working Trials Scoiety will be the nearest to you.

You will find details on the working trials website.
scout75
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-11-2010, 06:46 PM
Does anyone else train in tracking or for working trials?
I used to train WT with Shilah when I was back in England, he loves tracking.

I started tracking with Kofi when he was 10 weeks old and I originally started the SchH style footstep tracking which he loved but I found rather tedious so I switched to WT style. Although Shilah has had more tracking experience he is no where near as good as Kofi and I think that might just be genetics, Kofi's dad has his FH2 (tracking title where they track across water and concrete) and represented GB at the world tracking championships in Slovakia this year. So I think it must just be in Kofi's genes because he goes round as though he is on train tracks whereas Shilah will often loose the track at corners etc

Do you have any pics of Yogi working? You are lucky you have someone to train with, I wish I did!
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >