Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 12:35 PM

Tracking/Working Trials

I finally managed to find a one to one trainer who is helping me to train Yogi to track and search, as well as possibly for some of the other working trials components. He is keen for us to compete in the future, but I am happy just working my dog, giving him something to do and using his brain/nose

Does anyone else train in tracking or for working trials?

I am having two training sessions over the weekend, so will try and get some piccies.
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 04:27 PM
I did years ago Moobli.

Never actually entered the competitions, but taught how to track, do the jumping elements of it and stuff. Both Brandy (Rott) and Jasper (GSD) adored their training - especially tracking which Brandy excelled at.

I bet you will love it It gets quite addictive you know! Looking forward to seeing pics and hope you get to enter comps in future
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-08-2010, 06:52 PM
Thanks AM. I would like to have a go at competing, but I really don't mind if we don't, as I am just really enjoying doing something with my lad I have had a couple of lessons so far, and Yogi seems to be quite natural at tracking.

Do you have any pics of your old dogs working?
Tarimoor
Dogsey Senior
Female 

09-08-2010, 12:36 PM
I'm new to the forum, so hello there. I track my Labrador Indie, I have never competed with her, as she unfortunately ruptured her cruciate at around 18 months of age (she's now 5 years old), but she still loves to train and we love tracking. As soon as her harness comes out, she knows exactly what's happening!
Crichton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-08-2010, 04:04 PM
The best way to find people for working trials training is to join your local society which can be found on the working trials webiste or through the Kennel Club.

Societies often hosting training days whther formal or informal and may be able to put you in touch with people in your area.

Where are you based?

June
Crichton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-08-2010, 04:10 PM
Originally Posted by Crichton View Post

Where are you based?

June
Sorry have just noticed where you are

Your nearest Society is Scottish Working Trials which I am the Secretary of. If you want to contact me and I can let you know what training etc is available.

June
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-08-2010, 05:41 PM
Thanks June, that is very kind of you. I am actually training on a one to one basis with a guy who competes regularly, so am sorted for the time being.
Crichton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

09-08-2010, 08:12 PM
No problem Kirsty.

Please make sure that the person you are training with has sufficient experience to train someone. As with all disciplines we sometimes get people who are new to the sport but claim to know it all.

June
Jonesy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-08-2010, 12:47 PM
Hi June was going to say the same as you. Alot of us meet up for training and anyone is welcome to come along. I have been in working trials for about 15 years and love it. We have some good laughs and you get to see a lot of nice dogs enjoying themselves, and you make a lot of good pals

Helen
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-08-2010, 01:08 PM
I wanted to send you a PM about the person training me June, but unfortunately I can't until you have more posts under your belt.

Helen - where do you train?
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >