View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
lianne1983
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2010, 03:25 PM
OMG that's awful! What disgusting things people will do! I'm glad your dogs are safe
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 03:56 PM
Bloody Scary & disgusting. How frightening. Hope you are ok
Manyana13
Almost a Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 04:57 PM
What a horrible experience. How awful. What is happening to society?! It beggars belief. Just glad that your dog is ok now. Lets hope that they stay away from you now.
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 05:25 PM
That's really scary!! Thak goodness you looked up in time. I'd have sworn too and called them a lot worse than that!
Crysania
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 05:44 PM
Wow. Just...the nerve of those people! They tried to steal your dog right in front of you? And had their kid do it? What kind of awful parent IS she? Such sick people!
WarFlyball
Dogsey Junior
Female 

29-07-2010, 06:48 PM
How awful for you all. There are some real scumbags around
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 06:54 PM
Aww Bless ya! I'm so glad you managed to see them before they got away with the beautiful Reah

Some people have no morals, thieving scumbags x
cintvelt
Dogsey Senior
Female 

29-07-2010, 07:06 PM
that really is awful!!!! Good for you for looking up in time!!! And I hope you feel better after talking to the police.... Some people are really sick!!!! I'm so glad it wasn't one of your youngsters!!!!

I too would be extra vigilant for the coming few weeks... they may try again.... and maybe it's an idea to get in touch with your local newspaper... get a story printed just to warn other dog owners about these practices (I think it may be about the "reward").... it may well work to scare these people away....

Good luck, and I hope you're feeling a lot better by now!!!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 07:25 PM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Feeling alittle bit better now, sorry was really upset,
No they didn't ask her name but thats on her collar anyway.

I have rang the police and spoken to someone there, they have taken details (Pat said the woman had stone washed jeans on and a blue jacket) over the phone, they were actually very supportive and have logged it.

The woman at the station who I spoke too, told me that last year they did have a spait of people dogs going missing in this area, and when the owner was advertising ''lost posters'' they were being returned with suggestions of ''the kids found him/her so maybe you would like to give them a little something for finding your dog''
She said that they had a number of reports of this nature last year then suddenly it stopped, so she will pass it to the beat officer.
Otherwise she agreed with what Pat said maybe the woman had suggested a ''found dog'' could be thier pet not her actually buying them one, but she did say that due to last years activities it would be worth bearing that in mind.

Looks like our lot have now had the pleasure of sitting on drive when we are out there...stopped I can not risk anything like that happening.

F'in tw**s that live around here have once again spoilt things for responsible people
This is ''one'' reason why it's no longer advisable to put your dog's name on the tag. It makes it alot easier for people to steal and sell on your dog if they know the dog's name.

I hope you're OK now, really I do Steph. That would have scared the **** out of me xx
MerlinsMum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

29-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Originally Posted by Pidge View Post
This is ''one'' reason why it's no longer advisable to put your dog's name on the tag. It makes it alot easier for people to steal and sell on your dog if they know the dog's name.
That's awful Steph.... I bet you won't let them out of your sight now!

I agree about the name tag thing but it's scarily easy for anyone to find out your dog's name.... People can quite innocently ask when making a fuss of your dog on the street, kids especially.... or even hear you calling him/her in the park.

I had problems with local teenagers who thought it really amusing to yell my dog's name from across the road & run back & forth (still happens occasionally after 2 years ) because it makes him get wound up & bark. (In his eyes they are inviting him to chase).

Absolutely everyone I reported it to (police, dog warden, local councillor, neighbours, local shopkeepers etc) in an effort to get something done/find out who the kids were, said: "How do they know your dog's name???" Doh!! It's not rocket science....! in fact it started in the park when they heard me calling him once, then spread around all the local kids aged 8 - 18.
Page 4 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >