Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2007, 12:34 PM

Think I may know what is wrong with Fudge

Hi All

Went home at lunchtime today and Fudge is back to being clingy and shakey again (obviously the anti-inflamm injection has worn off from Monday) Anyway I noticed him biting at his dew claw and holding his leg up. He wont even let me near it without going for me (which is totally unlike him) It looks a bit pinky/red and the area beneath the claw looks a little bigger (inflammed) than his other leg.
Do you think that this is what could be causing his high temp and general sulkiness? And what should I do now, back to the vets (no blood or anything and he can walk on it fine)

What do you think?
elmac13
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2007, 12:38 PM
Sounds like that could be what is bothering him. Phone the vet and see what he says? I think sometimes they can be bothersome and have to be removed. I think!?
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2007, 12:46 PM
If he won`t let you touch it then it must be bothering him. Even if it`s not associated with the other symptoms it could be adding to his discomfort. I would ring the vet and get it looked at. Fudge says hi to little Fudge and sends some licks.
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2007, 12:49 PM
I think it may be infected. So I would take him to see vet. Hope he gets better soon poor thing.
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2007, 01:42 PM
Poor little guy. I would definately take a trip to the vets again. Even if it isn't linked to his other symptoms (which I hope it is because at least then you will have some answers) it is obviously causing him discomfort. Also by biting at it and licking he will make it even more sore and could possibly make it infected if it is not already.

Hugs to little Fudge xxxx
GSD-Sue
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2007, 01:45 PM
Had a friend with a dog with an infected nail quick & the vet said it was like a root tooth absess,so if its that he must be in pain. My friends dog was limping but itwasn't his dewclaw, as he doen't put weight on ia dewclaw it may be no more painful on walking than at any other time.It may not be this but I'd get it checked out even if just to eliminate it as a cause.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2007, 01:47 PM
Definitely an infection I would say!
Shirleyc
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-06-2007, 02:22 PM
Thanks guys got an appointment for the morning so we should hopefully get sorted out. Fudge sends gentle licks to everyone who has helped his mum!!
Brandykins
Fondly Remembered
Female 

20-06-2007, 03:18 PM
Poor wee Fudge - I hope the vet was able to give you something for Fudge. He wasn't stung, or stood on something.

Big hugs and kisses to Fudge from Loki and cuddles from me xx