View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 05:06 PM
Oh bless his heart, no wonder you are upset, I would be.
I've never had a dog with arthritus (only old ladies and gents) but one of my clients did and used to go down like that. I wasn't supposed to but doggy massage became a regular thing whilst my lady was eating her lunch.

Hoping that others can give you more of an insight, and sending hugs to you and Mo.
zoeybeau1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 05:23 PM
our old boxer tansy had arthritis in her back legs and we put her on glucosamine 500mg for 4 days then 200mg every day after,she was brill after the first couple of days but im sure theres something else you can give il pm you xx
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-06-2007, 05:52 PM
Roxy has this problem too. It's always worse when she's been sitting for a while. Nothing wants to cooperate when she tried to get up. She's ok once she gets going though...
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2007, 05:50 AM
thanks everyone, sounds like we'l have to get used to it then, as will my old boy.
The good news is, he got up as fast as you like this morning. He used to have a soft dog bed cushion thing under a piece of vet bed as his bed. Last night i took away the cushion and left him with the vet bed on the flooring, he looks and acts a lot happier this morning. I know if I stiffen up, soft is bad....
Thanks all
lizziel
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-06-2007, 03:11 PM
Just seen this Ailsa - sending lots of hugs his way
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2