Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2005, 10:10 AM
Cheers for the advice!

I have already started with some of the advice! Stepped training up a gear, and she seems alot more attentive in just this short space of time. I think I must have just relaxed a bit - give an inch and all that!!

Much to her disappointment, she will not be coming off her lead as much... She's a pretty quick learner though... I will keep you all updated!
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-12-2005, 04:06 PM
Think I need to reread about this ... Jack has recently decided to give me the V equivilant when out on walks. If he's within 25 yards he'll come back, but if he's further away than that and there are no distractions, he'll come. If there's another dog in the distance, he's off. So for the past 2 weeks he's been on the flexi lead and theres no ignoring mum when he's on that
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2005, 04:58 PM
Very handy those flexi's!
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-12-2005, 02:10 AM
I'm not sure about hand feeding - I only say this because Takara used to bring me her chew toys and get me to hold them for her and now I have to hold anything she wants to chew for her!

I know that if I started hand feeding her, she wouldn't go back to eating out of a bowl. She's just like that, Bodhi might not be, but I wouldn't do it. that is just my opinion though - you do what you feel is right!
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2006, 03:45 PM
*update on the hand feeding thing*

i did this for a few days (lol), and it really did focus her on me. I still kind of apply it when I give her treats - make her follow my hand, as well as the usual sit/paw/lie etc.

I think it is a good idea, but I'm afraid with a full day, it just isn't practical. If I had all the time in the world, I am sure I would try it properly! Definately had the desired effect though, and I think I will apply it a bit - when I am out with her, I show her my clenched fist (like I have something) and give the 'come' command and she comes running - she thinks it is food time I now reduce the amount of times she gets the treat.. Seems to be working - she was excellent over xmas! So fingers crossed!

I will definately try it again - seems odd, but did work!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2