Our sister sites
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2005, 02:15 PM

Giant African Snails need home !!!

GIANT AFRICAN SNAILS NEED HOME !!!

I live in gloucester.

We have two giant african snails that live in a 3ft fish tank. They have layed eggs before and we usually keep one or two and give them to friends. We have 3 babies as well that are about the size of a 50p coin that we have kept as the tank looked very bare.

Anyway to get to the point I have been working alot recently and with the puppy had given snail caring up and got my Boyfriend to do it. Anyway to cut along story short the snails layed to batched of eggs and all have hatched to my horror this morning I woke up to find hundreds of baby snails in the tank as well as our 5 others we will want to keep one of the babies but the rest need to find homes if anyone is intrested it would be great if you could get in contact with me PM me or email me on ellenlouise2004@yahoo.co.uk

Any intrest would be most apriciated as we obviously can't keep them but would never cause them any halm.

All they need is a medium sized tank. They live on soil/compost and a few rocks in the cage. They only need to be cleaned out once a month if that.

They need a small amount of food everyday which consist of any fruit of veg as long as not citric of a root vegtable. e.g. lettuce cabbage apples cucumber etc all fine. The do not need that much. A cuttle fish for calcium and spraying with warm water twice daily. Thats it they are great if you have children and really do grow big but will only grow depending on the size of there cage.
Or just reply to the thread if intrested and I will Pm you whatevers easiest for you. Or if anyone knows of anywhere that would give them a good home.
ellenlouise
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-09-2005, 04:22 PM
I have just counted and marked each snail we have 198 babies 3 grown up siblings and mum and dad we will keep siblings mum dad and one baby but the rest really need a home. They are free !!!