Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
madmare
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2006, 10:03 PM

My Daughters First go at Agility

My daughter Charly decided to have a go at agility after hearing all about what I do.
She is really very shy and was too nervous to try in front of lots of people so Patch kindly let her have a go on her own.
Here is some pictures of her learning the weave with our little dog Milo.

Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-09-2006, 11:14 PM
She is such a natural, I am looking forward to her coming over again, and she can do some with my Defa as well

I`ll do as many solo sessions for her as she needs to get her confident to train in front of others for when she feels ready, she has too much natural talent and ability to let that go to waste
muttsrus
Dogsey Junior
Female 

18-09-2006, 06:11 AM
my daughter was also painfully shy, and she started agility a few years ago and it brought her out of herself , but my youngest daughter has dyspraxia and she does things like put her shoes on the wrong feet and can't tell the time and has an attention span of seconds but she wanted to do agility with one of my dogs, and she also blossomed, she has started telling the time, and can now count one to twenty , can get herself down to the rings for her running etc i have seen such a change come over her in the last couple of years, so have the teachers at school, and i thank agility for all of that
carolann
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-09-2006, 02:47 PM
Originally Posted by muttsrus View Post
my daughter was also painfully shy, and she started agility a few years ago and it brought her out of herself , but my youngest daughter has dyspraxia and she does things like put her shoes on the wrong feet and can't tell the time and has an attention span of seconds but she wanted to do agility with one of my dogs, and she also blossomed, she has started telling the time, and can now count one to twenty , can get herself down to the rings for her running etc i have seen such a change come over her in the last couple of years, so have the teachers at school, and i thank agility for all of that
carolann
In all my years in Agility, what you have written there is the most heartwarming thing I have ever come across, and shows the very best of what agility can offer.
Bless you for showing everyone who reads about your girls and their achievements that its not about who wins the most trophies, but about the bond between dog and handler, what they learn from and teach each other, which can lead to much greater things :smt058