Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2016, 06:18 AM

Daily thread Wednesday 14th December 2016

Morning all. Has this worked? No idea until I press send. Hope you all had a good night. Fingers crossed all goes well with anything any of you do today. Bfn.
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2016, 07:35 AM
Morning brenda and all who follow.
It's worked brenda.

Off out with Beth maybe today we were meant to go Monday but with all the shenanigans with our cars we decided to put it on hold as Monday turned out a busy day sorting things. We left it as today so i will walk Dillon earlier get ready and see what happens.
Nice if we do go out not to fussed if we don't.

Love Triumph Stags I was very envious of a girl I worked with who owned a red one.

Hope everyone is well and all four legged friends. Have a good day.
Moyra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2016, 07:37 AM
I was an MG fan, had two roadsters and a Midget. Do miss them.

Sorry I should have said good morning all.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2016, 08:31 AM
I went out with a young man years ago with a Sunbeam Alpine. He also had a van so I didn't go out with him for his car. He was lovely. Wonder where he is now. Thats when I worked for Woolies in the 60's. My first car that I learnt to drive was a Oxford Humbersnipe? What did you all learn to drive in first?
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2016, 08:40 AM
Morning all.

Hope everything goes well with everyone today. Talking triumph stags I used to go out with a chap who drove a stag, ithat was BRG too, it was his pride and joy.

Not sure what I am doig today got an electrician coming to give a quote on changing a couple sockets to doubles and a light fitting. May carry on grouting the tiles in the w.c
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2016, 09:17 AM
Morning all, it's a lovely day here, a bit colder but dry and sunny.
Today we are looking after Luke the Yorkie again. He and Pepsi get on really well. Pepsi is old and doddery and Luke is fat and doddery, so they just sleep all day
My Brother in law and his wife are coming to dinner tonight so my day will be taken up with preparations.

Sorry Kaz, I read "got an electrician coming" as an "erection", don't know why .... must be my dirty mind!!!
tumbleweed
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-12-2016, 09:22 AM
If we are talking cars then I knew Bic (Brian) healey of Austin Healey fame. It was actually my fathers pal and they went fishing in Cornwall together. Iit used to be just Healey until Austins bought then out and the healey side carried on making speed boats mainly for water skiing.
My father got to know them when he was an aprentice mechanic for Talbots cars before they became Sunbeam Talbots. He actually learnt to drive at Brooklands driving the crash truck on the track.

Oh why Bic Healey? when he was a child if he wanted a biscuit and could only say Bic Bic and the name stuck
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

14-12-2016, 09:57 AM
I learned in a Corrina, there was a block of wood under the back of the drivers seat to get it in the right place if you were small. Can you imagine that today
Nice morning here so far. Need to get the girls out but its going to be soggy and thick mud
Enjoy your doggy day care Nippy, that sound ideal,both of them asleep whilst you watch telly
Have a lovely day out Lynn, you need a day to with down after Sundays kerfuffle
LOL Kaz, I think Nippy needs to go to Specsavers. Good luck with the sockets, and when you've finished the grouting I have a job in my bathroom, keeps being put off due to the rest of the house trying to fall apart
Brenda it worked.
Moyra they have Classic MG's at my garage, brings back memories when you see them out and about test driving them or people bringing them in
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2016, 10:15 AM
Good morning everyone

Yay Brenda it worked.

Yes I think Nippy needs new glasses Enjoy the day dog sitting and your dinner tonight.

I learnt to drive on a Ford Prefect and a Vauxhall Viva. The difference between the two cars was the Ford was only 3 gears forward and the Vauxhall 4 (driving instructors car) so he had to keep reminding me I had another gear to play with

Lovely day here so washing is on the line hope it drys enough to iron. Nothing planned. Chicken stew for lunch yum.

Have a good day and stay safe.
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-12-2016, 10:41 AM
Love your sense of humour nippy. Keeps us smiling. One radiator in one to go.
Bless him he has the start of flu to. Not many people would turn out and do. He is a gem.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >