View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 07:44 PM
I met a greyhound called Moomin once!! I love that name!! One day I will have a Moomin!!
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-11-2010, 09:26 PM
I like "Puzzle" for a Kerry Blue as people always ask you what breed they are and it is also the name of a character in the "Narnia" series of books by C.S.Lewis which I loved as a child.

I also like "Jaunty" as I think it suits their personality and it is unusual-I have never heard of another dog called "Jaunty" (PROBABLY FOR A GOOD REASON!)

I still like Parker's name as I called him after D.L.Sayers' Chief Inspector Parker in the Lord Peter Wimsey detective stories. He was originally going to be Wimsey but thought that a bit naff! He is very nosy too so it suits him.

Someone I work with calls all her dogs the same name which I think strange don't you? What I mean is she has 2 Collies called Bud and Gemma and then they die and the next 2 are called Bud and Gemma as well but she thinks of them as Bud 2 and Gemma 2! Seems strange to me but there we go.
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 06:37 AM
Some brilliant names, and some weird and wonderful ones! I hope all of you waiting to use a name get to one day!
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 07:27 AM
Girl - Ripley (I named a Dogsey dog this a while back and still love it)

Boy - Jenson (not necc' after Button, but I am a fan)

Also love some Dogsey dog names - Scout, Mouse, Remy, Rogue, Jago are just some I can think of.
Sara
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-11-2010, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post

Someone I work with calls all her dogs the same name which I think strange don't you? What I mean is she has 2 Collies called Bud and Gemma and then they die and the next 2 are called Bud and Gemma as well but she thinks of them as Bud 2 and Gemma 2! Seems strange to me but there we go.
My grandma's neighbour was like this. he always had a sable Rough Collie as a farm dog, one at a time, never 2 at once. Boys were called Duke, girls were Patty. He never differentiated between dogs, they were just dogs. When he got too old to farm and sold off his herd and rented out his land, he got another dog. He found an add in the paper, but was horrified and disappointed when he picked up a black and white Border Collie! but he named him Duke anyway! LOL

Duke (the last) was rehomed when Herluf went into a Nursing Home... he was 94
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 12:17 AM
My all time favourite has to be Pickles. It suited him 100% and even to this day I smile when I say his name!

Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 08:41 AM
I don't think I could call more than 1 dog the same name, but I can understand why people would.

Pickles was very cute
sue rich
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-11-2010, 10:10 AM
My favourite ever name was what I gave to my first ever dog, Kaza!
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2010, 11:38 AM
I still love Beau and it really suits the big handsome guy When Lula came to us she was - Loola, she didn't have a terrible start as she was born in rescue and then fostered so she was loved. I didnt feel she needed a name change so we lengthened it to Tallula (mostly Lula).

Originally Posted by labradork View Post
Favourite name...Dexter, hands down!
This is my OH favourite for our next dog. I like it too but also like Seth and Herbie
pumpkinpie
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-11-2010, 01:25 PM
I have a Dotty which was already her name when I got her aged almost two it does suit her but its not a name I would of choosen. My other dog is Ziggy which is from a childrens tv programm lazy town. My children picked lots of names they liked and then I narrowed it down to the ones I would be willing to call out and they liked Ziggy the best. Now there was no way I was shouting Sporticus across a park which had been one of the names.
My choice would be Rimmer although at the time we had a guinea pig called that.
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >